Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why does this happen!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
My marriage is, well OK. But seems to be on the route to getting better. But we have this friend. And something about him makes my mind wonder. A lot. The slightest touch, in a friendly manner, and it's full on butterflies. I don't understand it. I love my husband. What is wrong with me?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicalMary
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 10:42 PM

It's normal I think. You can't help that kind of stuff. You kind of need to learn how to deal with it and work around it though and do your best to just ignore it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2015 at 9:55 AM
I try. I really do. Cause the friend doesn't realize what he does. I don't want to make things awkward.

Quoting MagicalMary:

It's normal I think. You can't help that kind of stuff. You kind of need to learn how to deal with it and work around it though and do your best to just ignore it.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 26, 2015 at 9:59 AM
A crush is natural and normal, just don't act on it.

DS has a karate classmate with a very attractive father. He makes me all kinds of swoon-y when he chats with me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 26, 2015 at 10:05 AM
It's normal to have a crush. Are you feeling unappreciated by your husband or are you unfulfilled sexually? That can also intensify any attention you get or perceive you are getting from another man.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 26, 2015 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

My DS had a very attractive karate instructor;) 

Quoting Danesmommy1: A crush is natural and normal, just don't act on it. DS has a karate classmate with a very attractive father. He makes me all kinds of swoon-y when he chats with me.

corticosteroid
by on Sep. 26, 2015 at 10:08 AM

You're a shortsighted hippopotamus crashing through the underbrush of life, that's what's wrong with you.

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Sep. 26, 2015 at 10:09 AM

Its normal. Dont act on it.

Lady_Facetious
by Ruby Member on Sep. 26, 2015 at 10:16 AM
I don't think humans are actually wired for life long monogamy. Crushes on others are natural. But if you have promised monogamy, you must live up to it. Don't act on it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 26, 2015 at 1:33 PM
That's putting it nicely. Dh rarely touches me unless he wants sex

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's normal to have a crush. Are you feeling unappreciated by your husband or are you unfulfilled sexually? That can also intensify any attention you get or perceive you are getting from another man.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Sep. 26, 2015 at 1:34 PM

A crush is fine, just don't be stupid.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)