Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mannequin bridal corpse!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

For the past 75 years, a tiny bridal shop in Mexico has been the subject of some pretty crazy rumors. Tales of supernatural fiddling abound, with whispers of disembodied voices, mysterious cold spots, and even the occasional darting shadow seen from the corner of a visitor's eye. But the creepiest rumor centers around a bridal mannequin sitting in the window; a highly detailed dummy that many say is a perfectly preserved corpse.

The tale begins on March 25th in 1930, when the odd-looking mannequin was first placed in the windows of La Popular, one of the most well-known bridal shops in Chihuahua, Mexico. Almost immediately, the locals knew that something just wasn't quite right with the figure. Before long, tales of the stunning mannequin began to spread far and wide, and visitors trekked from all over just to see the intricate details in the doll. From the individual wrinkles in the hands, to the real human hair, to the mesermizing gaze of her glass eyes, it was almost as if the figure was a real person frozen in time.

Eventually, people began to notice the similaries between the mannequin, nicknamed La Pascualita, and the daughter of La Popular's proprietor, Pascuala Esparza. According to legend, Esparza's daughter had tragically passed away on her wedding day, victim of a Black Widow spider bite. Locals whispered that the beautiful figure in the window was, in fact, the embalmed body of Esparza's daughter. More and moSo, is the strange mannequin really the preserved corpse of an ill-fated bride? Skeptics say no, pointing to the difficult upkeep when it comes to stopping a corpse from decaying, but those who have seen La Pascualita in person walk away believers... and very creeped out believers at that. After all, how strange is it for a store to keep the same mannequin for nearly eight decades, and shroud its undressing in secrecy?re, the details began to make sense, and the townspeople became outraged. Of course, Pascuala Esparza formally denied the allegations, but by that point, it was too late - the legend was set in stone.

So, is the strange mannequin really the preserved corpse of an ill-fated bride? Skeptics say no, pointing to the difficult upkeep when it comes to stopping a corpse from decaying, but those who have seen La Pascualita in person walk away believers... and very creeped out believers at that. After all, how strange is it for a store to keep the same mannequin for nearly eight decades, and shroud its undressing in secrecy?

Eek!!! Creepy hands convinced me! Real or hoax?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:48 AM
This is neat. Thank you for sharing. I love stuff like this. I don't see how it would be any different than a taxidermied deer or something? It could be a dead lady.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:50 AM
Her hands *shudder* lol.

You're welcome, I love morbid stuff too.

Quoting Ted1242: This is neat. Thank you for sharing. I love stuff like this. I don't see how it would be any different than a taxidermied deer or something? It could be a dead lady.
Sassy762
by 200 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:51 AM

HUGE GIF DUDE STIRRING DRINK GIF

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Yep!

Quoting Sassy762:

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:54 AM
I found a picture of the daughter. They do look freakishly similar.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Her hands *shudder* lol.

You're welcome, I love morbid stuff too.

Quoting Ted1242: This is neat. Thank you for sharing. I love stuff like this. I don't see how it would be any different than a taxidermied deer or something? It could be a dead lady.
Homeschoolmom99
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:54 AM
I have seen her I am.telling you she is real
Sassy762
by 200 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:56 AM

IS this her

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yep!
Quoting Sassy762:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:02 AM

The mannequin's eyes wouldn't be the same as the original person's eyes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:03 AM
They're glass eyes.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

The mannequin's eyes wouldn't be the same as the original person's eyes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:04 AM
Idk but I see a resemblance!

Quoting Sassy762:

IS this her

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yep!

Quoting Sassy762:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)