Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It was abortion day in my ethics class

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:58 AM
  • 19 Replies
So I brought in a peppermint mocha for myself, one for my table buddy, and watched a group of college students turn into toddlers. :D

How has your night been?
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:00 AM
Clearly you are above it all. Lol
StillBill
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:02 AM
I knew what was coming. I've had this teacher before in a separate philosophy class. I used the exact same tactic in that class. Everyone argues their personal opinions, I quote and relate the reading to their opinions.

Quoting motherslove82: Clearly you are above it all. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:23 AM
Sounds fun
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:25 AM
Omg! As a dyed in the wool pro abort I ADORE abortion day!
StillBill
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:27 AM
It was lovely. It's hard to keep a 3 hour nighttime class going

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sounds fun
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:27 AM
Bet that was fun. Lol. Was it like CM?
StillBill
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:30 AM
The class divided pretty much down the middle. My table buddy is the only guy in the class, and he said he didn't have any opinion at all since our parts weren't his business. I'm pro choice, but I hate debating it since my entire family is conservative baptist and I had to live with it for 18 years.

Quoting Momniscient: Omg! As a dyed in the wool pro abort I ADORE abortion day!
StillBill
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:32 AM
Pretty much. Less name-calling though. And no tattling since our teacher quite enjoys heated debates.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Bet that was fun. Lol. Was it like CM?
Momniscient
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:40 AM
I taught a biological anthropology (basically human evolution) class at a university in a VERY conservative VERY religious state. It was a slog by the end of the year. I was very tired of that subject by the time I was finished. Lol

Quoting StillBill: The class divided pretty much down the middle. My table buddy is the only guy in the class, and he said he didn't have any opinion at all since our parts weren't his business. I'm pro choice, but I hate debating it since my entire family is conservative baptist and I had to live with it for 18 years.

StillBill
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:51 AM
Once my dad told me that if someone was beating a 5 year old child, he would be allowed to kill the abuser as defense of a third person. In the same way, he should legally be allowed to bomb an abortion clinic. Same thing, right?

also, women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Quoting Momniscient: I taught a biological anthropology (basically human evolution) class at a university in a VERY conservative VERY religious state. It was a slog by the end of the year. I was very tired of that subject by the time I was finished. Lol

Quoting StillBill: The class divided pretty much down the middle. My table buddy is the only guy in the class, and he said he didn't have any opinion at all since our parts weren't his business. I'm pro choice, but I hate debating it since my entire family is conservative baptist and I had to live with it for 18 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)