Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone have sleep apnea?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:27 AM
  • 15 Replies
According to last night's sleep study, I do. They want me to get a cpap, but I'm really nervous. I hated sleeping with the mask on. Obviously losing weight is a priority here, so I'm wondering if anyone here uses a cpap, and if it has improved your energy level during the day. I do get some exercise, but a full on work out just isn't happening with how exhausted I usually am. I'd especially like to hear from people who have other factors for their apnea, such as sinus issues. I don't think my weight is the only problem, so I'm really worried I'll just never sleep without a clunky mask on my face again.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:30 AM
Bump
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:31 AM
I couldn't sleep with it at all. When I lost a lot of weight, I could tell the difference just as I can now that I've gained some back.
myflowerasd
by 💖~Skunk~💖 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:31 AM
I had sleep apnea for a couple of years. At first it was weird to sleep with the mask, but I got used to it pretty quick. And I was no longer exhausted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:32 AM
Dh does. After the first few days he started enjoying the machine. He does have more energy.
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:33 AM
Well that's good to hear. I'm willing to try as long as it might help.

Quoting myflowerasd: I had sleep apnea for a couple of years. At first it was weird to sleep with the mask, but I got used to it pretty quick. And I was no longer exhausted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:36 AM
My dad has severe sleep apnea. He got his CPAP in 2002 and it changed his life. He no longer falls asleep all day long (I literally mean all day). If he doesn't sleep with it for even one night, the next day is ruined.
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:37 AM
I woke up twice feeling really freaked out because the air flow increased. It was mildly horrifying.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I couldn't sleep with it at all. When I lost a lot of weight, I could tell the difference just as I can now that I've gained some back.
myflowerasd
by 💖~Skunk~💖 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:38 AM
It helped me. Before my mask, I could sleep for 8 hours and it felt like I slept only 2 or 3. With my mask, I could sleep for 6 hours and it felt like I had slept 8 hours or more.

As far as the masks go, I had to use the full face mask. I tried just the nose mask, and hated it. It was surprisingly comfortable once I got used to it.

Quoting myempyreofdirt: Well that's good to hear. I'm willing to try as long as it might help.

Quoting myflowerasd: I had sleep apnea for a couple of years. At first it was weird to sleep with the mask, but I got used to it pretty quick. And I was no longer exhausted.
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:40 AM
I didn't get the impression it was severe for me, but I'll have to see my doctor once the full results come in. I just found out today from Dh that I snore really bad every night, so wtf do I know lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My dad has severe sleep apnea. He got his CPAP in 2002 and it changed his life. He no longer falls asleep all day long (I literally mean all day). If he doesn't sleep with it for even one night, the next day is ruined.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:42 AM
My parents have it and have the mask. They both say it has really helped and ofcourse like anything new will take time to get used to
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)