Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dhs who work one job......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies
I want to be a stay a home mom. Instead my husband refuses to his part.

I asked him to take more weekends at work. He said he wouldn't bc 4 of them each take one. I asked him to work 2 jobs. He said no.

Now we could live on his income but it would be really tight.

He doesn't want to do that.

I am starting to really hate him.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mattiehatter
by Mary on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:21 AM
Oh well. That's the reality for some.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:25 AM
This is a situation that requires 2 yes and 1 no. If it's going to be really tight than you can't afford to stay home. I can't blame him for not wanting to give up his free time and family time.
BrownEyedGirl86
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:27 AM
1 mom liked this

I think its something that should have been discussed before you guys had children and started your lives together.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:28 AM
Takes two people to want it. if he feels like this its a good thing you know ahead of time. Sometimes we can't have what we want. He is not into it plus if he has to work two jobs to pull it off it's really not an exciting endeavor. I know it wouldn't be for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:29 AM
8 moms liked this
So you expect him to work 2 jobs so you don't have to work at all? You have absolutely no right to be mad at him. You're being amazingly selfish. If a parent stays home, it's a decision made between the couple, but what you are doing... I'm so mad for your man. Selfish.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:29 AM
I have worked jobs and its not easy. Dads want to be home with their kids too. Maybe you can work less hours
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:29 AM
I have worked jobs and its not easy. Dads want to be home with their kids too. Maybe you can work less hours
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Just curious....what if he wanted to be a SAHD?  Would you be willing to increase hours or second job so that it could happen?  

I agree with previous poster that this should have been discussed before you guys decided to have children. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:36 AM

poor guy... do you expect him to do everything you tell him to, just because you say so?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:38 AM
What did you agree upon before you had kids?
Dh and I agreed that I would stay home until they were all in school, but life got in the way of that. I ended up having to work part time in between having kids and then I went to full time after my youngest stopped taking bottles. Fortunately with the type of work I do I can set my own hours around his schedule, so I can work as many or as little hours as I need to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)