Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's going quite well.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I've decided to ride the kids to school on my bicycle as much as possible. It's going well. Dd rides her bike and ds rides in the trailer. I'm getting stronger and faster and so is dd. I just wish we didn't have to cross a 4 lane road and there were more sidewalks we could use. People drive way too fast on these roads. We tend to leave really early though and miss the traffic.
I'm saving about half a tank of gas a week this way!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:28 AM

That's awesome!! Keep up the healthy habits :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:28 AM

That's great.  Bicycles aren't allowed to use the sidewalks here.  I would do it just to save that much gas, even taking into consideration current gas prices (paid 2.43 a gallon the other day, very cheap for this area).  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:30 AM
Around $2.08 here by cost of living matches the gas prices and average wages so there's that. It's not illegal here to be in the sidewalks, there's very few pedestrians, and motorists don't seem to know how to drive around a bicycle. So when I can I keep us on sidewalks. Where they exist. lol.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

That's great.  Bicycles aren't allowed to use the sidewalks here.  I would do it just to save that much gas, even taking into consideration current gas prices (paid 2.43 a gallon the other day, very cheap for this area).  

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:30 AM
Nice. Good way to sneak in exercise.
Be careful and stay safe.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:31 AM
Oh I've got a full day of it today. Worked 12hrs last night, rode 2 miles just now. I'll drive to the school this afternoon, run 3 miles with dd, come home and do insanity and a little upper body, then work another 12hrs tonight. I'm going to be toast by Friday morning when I ride the kids to school again.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

That's awesome!! Keep up the healthy habits :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:34 AM
Thanks! I ride to the grocery store almost every week too. Lol. Getting groceries home is a big workout.

Quoting eyes4ears: Nice. Good way to sneak in exercise.
Be careful and stay safe.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)