Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 4 year old is still in Pull-ups

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
He won't use the potty at home or at daycare. Yesterday daycare director told me that they will be calling me next time DS needs changing. I work and cannot afford to leave every time this happens. He has stayed at this DC since he was 18 months and I don't want to move him. Any advice?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:49 AM
Talk to his pediatrician.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:49 AM

try putting your foot down

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:51 AM
Potty train him?
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:56 AM
It's time for serious potty training. Talk to his pediatrician. Google advice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:59 AM
If there isn't a medical issue you need to put your foot down. He should be potty trained by now. What is,going to happen when he start school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:01 AM
My 8 yr old is because he can't yet control his bladder at night
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:16 AM
Is there a medical or developmental reason for your child still being in diapers, not potty-trained? If so, get that info from his pediatrician and discuss it with the daycare. If not, you need to potty train him ASAP. I can't imagine having to change a 5 or 6 year old's diapers, but that's where this is headed. He won't be allowed to attend school, and the poor kid will be humiliated and bullied by kids his age and older for wearing and using diapers. Not a good thing for him. Have you attempted to potty train him consistently for a reasonable amount of time and failed? If that's what has happened, you need to take him to his pediatrician ASAP for answers. If you've just messed around with it and waited for him to train himself, then it's time for you to get on the ball, Mama.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)