Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 Men Confess Surprising Ways Their Partners Make Them Jealous

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:17 AM
  • 45 Replies

12 Men Confess Surprising Ways Their Partners Make Them Jealous 

I've only had eyes for my husband since we met over 11 years ago, and I honestly can't remember the last time I even so much as flirted with another guy. So it was a little surprising when my husband confessed that he was feeling jealous.

It wasn't another guy causing the problem. Apparently my new jogging buddy/frequent text buddy Ellie was making him feel a little neglected. Why? Because I was telling her all my good work-gossip stories before I told him.

It was kind of a sweet reminder that even the most secure husbands still want to be No. 1 on your list. Read on to find the sweet, silly, and sometimes sad reasons other guys are feeling a little jealous.

1. Puppy Love

"I'm 100 percent sure that my wife loves our dog more than she loves me sometimes. Which seems unfair. I never poop on the carpet." -- Ben B., Franklin, Tennessee

2. Unplugged Jealousy

"Once the kids are in bed, my wife is glued to her laptop for the rest of the night. She's pinning things, chatting on Facebook with her friends, reading celebrity gossip sites, whatever. She says it helps her unwind. I wish she wanted to unwind by hanging out with me instead." -- Michael R., Gilbert, Arizona

3. Choose Me!

"Is it weird that I'm jealous of the gym? Because if it is a choice between staying in bed to snuggle with me or making it to her yoga class, she'll choose yoga 100 percent of the time." -- Henry C., Des Moines, Iowa

4. Daddy Issues

"I know I'll sound like a jerk for saying this, but sometimes I'm jealous of the kids. They get so much more of my wife's time and energy than I do. And the little one gets WAY more access to her boobs than I do." -- Jacob F., Eugene, Oregon

5. Thinking About Her Ex

"My wife was married for 10 years before we met. We've been married for three years. Sometimes it bugs me and I guess makes me feel jealous that I'm not her longest relationship. YET. I'll pass that 10-year mark and we'll keep going!" -- Kevin S., Lexington, Kentucky

6. Training Time

"My wife is training to do an Ironman Triathlon. She spends between 20-30 hours a week swimming, biking, or running. She's married to training right now, which means I'm kind of lonely. And horny. She's too tired for sex most of the time. But I am really proud of her. I just miss her." -- Lance N., Minneapolis, Minnesota

7. Her Therapist

"My wife has been seeing a therapist to deal with some anxiety and depression stuff. I'm glad she's getting help, but I feel jealous that she's talking to him more than she is talking to me about her problems. I want to be the person helping her." -- Aron W., Tucson, Arizona

8. Her First

"My wife is my first and only sexual partner, but I'm her second. She had a childhood-turned-high-school sweetheart and lost her virginity to him. I'm bummed that we don't have that special thing to share." -- Collin S., Abilene, Texas

9. Her Mom

"My mother-in-law is very loving and she and my babe are super close. But sometimes it annoys me to know that she tells her mother EVERYTHING. She actually told her that she was pregnant before she told me. Not cool, honey." -- Vince B., Huntsville, Alabama

10. Her Job

"My wife is way more successful at her job than I'll ever be at mine. I'm jealous of her success and her salary sometimes. It is retro and dumb, but I feel like I should be the big money winner." -- Greg C., Grand Rapids, Michigan

11. No Coffee, Please

"We joke that Dave is her 'work husband,' but I actually really don't like it when she mentions things like them going out to grab coffee together. I trust her-- but I still don't like it." -- Rick P., Moorhead, Minnesota

12. Multitasker

"I'm actually kind of jealous of my wife herself. She is so much more on her game than I am. I feel like a slacker compared to all the stuff she does in a given day. She makes our house run, deals with the kids, has a job. She's smarter, more productive, and a better person than I am. I guess I'm pretty lucky." -- Paul S., Ripon, Wisconsin

What makes your partner jealous?

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
corticosteroid
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:24 AM
25 moms liked this

This should have been titled "12 Passive-Agressive Crybabies".

muzzyh
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:26 AM
7 moms liked this
I read every one of those examples in a super whiny voice. Couldn't help it.
corticosteroid
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:30 AM

Me too.

Quoting muzzyh: I read every one of those examples in a super whiny voice. Couldn't help it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Oh yay! Another emasculating post from The Stir! We get it, men suck and are whiny babies. Can you stop writing "articles" about it now? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:34 AM

Guilty of number 9..

Though to be fair.. he also wasn't answering his phone or text for 2 hours and I really needed to tell someone because I was freaking out.

corticosteroid
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:35 AM

I love you man.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Oh yay! Another emasculating post from The Stir! We get it, men suck and are whiny babies. Can you stop writing "articles" about it now? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:40 AM
Lol
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:41 AM
Not for me.
SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:14 AM

We read through the list ... joked about all of them but he did say that he does get a little jealous of the time I spend on the computer. 

Uzma_mom_of_2
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:23 AM
2 moms liked this
11 would piss me off if my husband had a "work-wife".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)