Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You want half a desk???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Mobile Photo

We posted a desk on craigslist to sell (or trade). It's similar to the picture but doesn't have the cubes in the short end and the tall end go all the way through (no backing or anything-wasnt made to have one)
Someone emailed me and asked if the desk could be used in two pieces. I told her no because the cube section acts as the legs for the desk on that end.
She emailed me back saying she wants to buy only the cube portion of the desk....

Is it just me or do people seem to be getting even more ridiculous?? This is the second ridiculous email I've gotten this week! (One we set up to meet for something else and then she emailed back saying she only had $xx would it be okay.. It was 1/3 of price listed)
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:25 AM
I sell stuff online sometimes (not Craigslist though) and every time I get a stupid question, I'll respond to it but I also update my post so that nobody will ask the same stupid question again.
Molz09
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this
Tell her sure. For full price.

And you'll even throw in the other section for free! Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:27 AM

That piece seems like it could easily be a stand alone piece, so I guess I don't see the issue? Selling part is better than selling nothing, right? Craigslist is kind of a repository for a lot of junk, so I don't see why trying to get bargains is a bad thing.

STVUstudent
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:30 AM

I was selling some baby stuff of craigslist a few years ago and had a gal make an offer on a swing I was selling, then once I had agreed to meet and sell, she wanted to trade for an exersaucer instead... and then just got bat shit pissed off because I was not willing to trade my swing for an exersaucer... I explained that I did not NEED an exersaucer, I just wanted to sell the swing and she got madder and madder, and kept pushing that damn thing...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:31 AM

Craigslist is the only place thats active around here except some facebook groups but we arent allowed to post in the ones that are more active because we dont live in that town and youll be banned from the group for posting for sale items not located in that town >.< (we live an hour from a big town and military base and have another main city an hour opposite direction) 
I never even thought to put it on the post that I wouldnt sell half a piece of furniture lmao 

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I sell stuff online sometimes (not Craigslist though) and every time I get a stupid question, I'll respond to it but I also update my post so that nobody will ask the same stupid question again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:32 AM

I told her she's free to buy it all and do what she wants with it after but I'm not going to just sell the cube part and keep the desk portion lol

Quoting Molz09: Tell her sure. For full price. And you'll even throw in the other section for free! Lol

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:33 AM
Sadly, that's exactly what you have to put. Lol. We're lucky we have a pretty active VarageSale group here so that's where I list but I still get tons of ridiculous questions.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Craigslist is the only place thats active around here except some facebook groups but we arent allowed to post in the ones that are more active because we dont live in that town and youll be banned from the group for posting for sale items not located in that town >.< (we live an hour from a big town and military base and have another main city an hour opposite direction) I never even thought to put it on the post that I wouldnt sell half a piece of furniture lmao 

Quoting bluebunnybabe: I sell stuff online sometimes (not Craigslist though) and every time I get a stupid question, I'll respond to it but I also update my post so that nobody will ask the same stupid question again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:33 AM

So I'd be stuck with the desk portion which would be useless and half the money? I'll pass for someone who buys the entire desk lol. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

That piece seems like it could easily be a stand alone piece, so I guess I don't see the issue? Selling part is better than selling nothing, right? Craigslist is kind of a repository for a lot of junk, so I don't see why trying to get bargains is a bad thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:35 AM

And she's banking on the fact that maybe no one wants that desk.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

So I'd be stuck with the desk portion which would be useless and half the money? I'll pass for someone who buys the entire desk lol. 

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:37 AM

I've never had anyone get mad, I did recently have someone reply to my ISO post saying she had clothes for the baby (I clearly put GIRL baby items in the posting) and she asked sizes so I told her and she sent pictures of boy clothes.... I told her no thanks we had boy clothes but we need girl things as we are having a girl. She emailed me back like 4 times asking if I got the pictures, if I wanted them, etc... and my emails went through because she replied to what I said lol. I eventually just ignored it

Quoting STVUstudent:

I was selling some baby stuff of craigslist a few years ago and had a gal make an offer on a swing I was selling, then once I had agreed to meet and sell, she wanted to trade for an exersaucer instead... and then just got bat shit pissed off because I was not willing to trade my swing for an exersaucer... I explained that I did not NEED an exersaucer, I just wanted to sell the swing and she got madder and madder, and kept pushing that damn thing...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)