Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would YOU feel if someone told you this??!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
"You're not meant to be a mother..."

And then repeated to exclaim.. "I stand by what I say... You're not meant to be a mother..."

I about f'ing lost it.

What more do I need to do with my children? Bc I don't coddle them 24-7? I have them with me everyday. They follow me like ducklings.. I take them to the park, library, theme parks, toy stores, out to eat, movies, pay for ALL their activities, etc. Everything a mother SHOULD be doing!!! They're 7&8. No, I don't read to them at night, (anymore) but that's all that im "lacking"

I'm to the point of not letting my family see my children anymore, or any future children I may have.

I'm so done with the comments.

I don't spank, I don't scream at my children. I discipline them, yes! But with talking.. In a calm voice. They are respectful, and sweet. Sure they can act like kids, but they're not Devils... I'm just at a loss.

So livid. So done.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:32 AM
You really need to cut the toxicity out of your life
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, and I may be the only one to say this, but I would step back and reevaluate my parenting. If you feel it's A-ok, then cut that person out and move on.

But I feel if someone feels so strongly about you having kids... Maybe there is an issue that you aren't seeing.
cmfarm
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:35 AM

That would make me pretty mad if someone said that to me. Everyone parents differently.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure there is more to this story,  what is their reasons for saying you aren't meant to be a mother?  Do you complain about taking them to all these places? I can't help but notice when you talk about all the things you do with them it says nothing about cuddling and loving them.

Guerita6hijos
by LaLocaGuera on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:36 AM
I agree with this.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Honestly, and I may be the only one to say this, but I would step back and reevaluate my parenting. If you feel it's A-ok, then cut that person out and move on.

But I feel if someone feels so strongly about you having kids... Maybe there is an issue that you aren't seeing.
Guerita6hijos
by LaLocaGuera on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Sometimes we can be blind to our own faults. I'm not trying to sound mean but maybe your aren't seeing what they see. Or maybe the are just toxic and then you should cut all ties.
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:38 AM

Tell whoever said that to fuck off and you carry on with your life.

Sometimes it is best to cut toxic ppl out of your life, even if they are family

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:46 AM
Oh no, that's the thing, I am CONSTANTLY loving them. They are always by my side. I am giving them hugs and kisses all the time, so much so, my boys are to the point of pushing me away, bc "mommy, you're embarassing me.."

Yeah. I get that from them. I'm constantly reminding them how much I love them, and how handsome they are. I encourage them in all that they do..

I'm just not seeing what my family sees

For them to say I don't spend time with them. BS. I do. I'm with them everyday.. All day. Loving them and encouraging them

(Both my mother and grandmother are emotional and physical abusers. I'm NOTHING like them)

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I'm sure there is more to this story,  what is their reasons for saying you aren't meant to be a mother?  Do you complain about taking them to all these places? I can't help but notice when you talk about all the things you do with them it says nothing about cuddling and loving them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:50 AM
It's important that your kids know you love them. It's also important not to smother them to death.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh no, that's the thing, I am CONSTANTLY loving them. They are always by my side. I am giving them hugs and kisses all the time, so much so, my boys are to the point of pushing me away, bc "mommy, you're embarassing me.."

Yeah. I get that from them. I'm constantly reminding them how much I love them, and how handsome they are. I encourage them in all that they do..

I'm just not seeing what my family sees

For them to say I don't spend time with them. BS. I do. I'm with them everyday.. All day. Loving them and encouraging them

(Both my mother and grandmother are emotional and physical abusers. I'm NOTHING like them)

Quoting Anonymous 3:

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:50 AM

you need to search inside and find your confidence. Who cares what they say. Do your kids love you? Are they happy and healthy? If so then just let it roll off you like water.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)