Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hip dysplasia

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Anyone have it? I was born with it and lately my hips have been in so much pain. I'm scared to go in because I don't know what they will do. I'm scared to death of surgery and I'm afraid that's what's going to be suggested.

Some one help me please. I need stories of those that are living with it and haven't had to have surgery.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrs_Sweet
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:38 AM
Sorry, my mom has it and has had both hips replaced.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:45 AM
That's what I'm afraid of

Quoting Mrs_Sweet: Sorry, my mom has it and has had both hips replaced.
Mrs_Sweet
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:48 AM
I would get in asap. She waited too long with the first one because she knew they would do surgery and she "didn't have time" for it. She is always taking care of everyone except herself! She ended up having back surgery because of the damage she did to her lower back because of dealing with the bad hip. Go in!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:51 AM
I plan to next month. We are moving at the end of this month to anther state and it takes forever to get an appt here. If it's not feeling better I will go in. I'm one of those that will push it off. I'm only 33, I'm too young for hip surgery.

Quoting Mrs_Sweet: I would get in asap. She waited too long with the first one because she knew they would do surgery and she "didn't have time" for it. She is always taking care of everyone except herself! She ended up having back surgery because of the damage she did to her lower back because of dealing with the bad hip. Go in!!
Mrs_Sweet
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:53 AM
Oh wow that is young! My mom was in her late fifties when she had the first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:56 AM
I tried to run track in high school but after the first day of practice I couldn't walk because they hurt so bad. I love to run tho and we did a 5k a few weeks ago and they have been hurting since then. I was in the AF and they were fine then for the most part. It's just been worse lately.

Quoting Mrs_Sweet: Oh wow that is young! My mom was in her late fifties when she had the first.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:49 PM
Anyone else?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)