Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it really this cold out?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I gotta ask you New Englanders, is it really THAT cold out now? I don't think so, but my BF came over today & he begs to differ. Yes, I said BF. We're not living together, or engaged or married, yet...

(I just copied and pasted my FB status..)

...when your boyfriend is the only person you know that's already walking around in a northface jacket, a hat and gloves like it's January, and it's like 10am in October.

XD
I'm like, babe it's not cold like that... why u wearing that? That's a wintertime jacket like you wear for snow...
It is cold like that!...In the morning... (embarrassed)
Babe it's 10am, the sun's up. It's not that early no more...
XD

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:41 AM

Is he native to the area?

Even if not, some people get cold more easily.

I would never tease considering when we go to Texas I am seriously MELTING while everyone else seems cool as a cucumber.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:42 AM

The high here in upstate NY today is like 65,  To me, that is absolutely perfect and not even a tiny bit cold.  I certainly wouldn't wear all that, but I guess different people experience temps differently.  I tend to be hot-blooded.  

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:48 AM

I'm from a pretty hot area of California, and I would be in a tshirt in that weather.  Why so much info on the boyfriend?

ninipanini
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:48 AM
I'm not in New England but Midwest.
I would chuckle too
Evenings are light jacket weather around 40-50 degrees.
But days are 60-70 so no winter coats here yet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:55 AM

He is Dominican but born here in new england. They visit the D.R. a lot though. I am usually freezing but even me I'm just in sweatpants with a t-shirt, maybe sweatshirt on standby. We live in CT and we wear northface's in like january february blizzard weather. I looked at him like WTF are you wearing?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Is he native to the area?

Even if not, some people get cold more easily.

I would never tease considering when we go to Texas I am seriously MELTING while everyone else seems cool as a cucumber.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:57 AM

You know how CM is. If you say boyfriend they think you're in high school, but that's not the case. But again we're not married or engaged yet so I'm not gonna say DF or DH. And SO I feel implies more of a same-sex relationship or other relationship one is not comfortable disclosing...

Quoting Ginger0104:

I'm from a pretty hot area of California, and I would be in a tshirt in that weather.  Why so much info on the boyfriend?

Zanny
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:01 PM

I was born & raised in New England.   I moved away to Florida years ago.   I went back last weekend to MAine for a wedding.  It was 60 & I was frozen.  It just depends on your perspective. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)