Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CAT scans and pregnancy, anyone have experience?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
To start off, I have had two past odd short periods. Both were very heavy one day only. I just assumed it was due to recently weaning my baby. I have been in a lot of pain, especially in my back around my kidneys. I just knew I had a UTI and went to the ER. I had a CAT scan done, no injections just the scan. They didn't see any infection in my kidneys. But they did see a little swelling. I was told it was just a UTI. I was given antibiotics that I haven't started (dumb I know, I just hate medicine) but I am taking pain meds, Ibuprofen 800mg.

So today, I felt very nauseous and tired. I took a pregnancy test , 4 actually and different brands. Every single one, positive. I am concerned about having the CAT scan now. I am having some random brown spotting. Anybody ever had a CAT scan and no complications with your baby or pregnancy afterwards?? I'm so worried!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:48 AM
Bump :(
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:50 AM

just call your freaking doctor.

destiny3513
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:51 AM
Why didn't they get a blood test first?? The ers I've been to always do it before any scans... good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:52 AM
He won't have available appointments for a weeks. Thanks for being a ass.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:53 AM
They did! :( But they asked if I was pregnant before the scan, I was in serious pain and they rushed me back quite rapidly.

Quoting destiny3513: Why didn't they get a blood test first?? The ers I've been to always do it before any scans... good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:56 AM

Well there isn't really much they can do any way.

Your baby will have a 1 out of 1,000 greater chance of developing childhood cancer. Besides that, it looks like no greater risk.

Nothing about being an ass, just nothing they can do unless you are 22+ weeks.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He won't have available appointments for a weeks. Thanks for being a ass.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:56 AM
Bump for kind advice
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:58 AM
Really!? That's scary!! :(

What do you mean?? At 22 weeks what could they do?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Your baby will have a 1 out of 1,000 greater chance of developing childhood cancer. Besides that, it looks like no greater risk.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He won't have available appointments for a weeks. Thanks for being a ass.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:01 PM

They really can't do anything for your pregnancy but watch your levels.

It's just a waiting game. I'd be requesting to have a detailed list of medications we were given.. including making sure that antibiotic is safe, which you will want to start like yesterday if it is.

List of medicines to make sure dr is able to watch for genetic issues that the medicine might cause.

UTI's can cause miscarriage if left untreated.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Really!? That's scary!! :( What do you mean?? At 22 weeks what could they do?
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)