Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh teenagers :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
My step kids are 13 (g) and 15 (b) and a friend of mine works at Skechers and has offered to let me use the friends and family discount meaning I can get them shoes half off. We gave them each a budget of 200 before the sale so 100 each after the sale.

His daughter said no she doesn't want any because Skechers are for little kids and his son said he would rather his dad just give him the money.

They could both use shoes, who can't right? And my friend gets a bonus as well so I'd like to go through Skechers so they can get several pairs and she is helped as well so I'm not willing to compromise and give them 100 towards other shoes.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:11 PM
What does their father think?
SlytherinQueen
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:12 PM

talk to their dad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:12 PM
Why does that matter?

He's backing me up and says the same that they get Skechers or nothing.

Quoting SDmomma-3: What does their father think?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:14 PM
I would let them pick out their own shoes but keep the same budget. What's the point in buying shoes they don't want to wear? If they don't want shoes is keep the money.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:14 PM

They're teenagers.  You're wrong.  Even if they got them they wouldn't wear them if they don't like them.

Give them the $100 each and be done with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:15 PM
Why is that always the go to response? Im the one facilitating this and we go by my rules or not at all.

Quoting SlytherinQueen:

talk to their dad.

okeydokie
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:18 PM
Teenagers are weird about what they will and will not wear. You could very well spend the money only to have them refuse to wear the shoes they picked out. Which would be a very annoying waste of money.

I usually set the budget, then let them shop with my approval. If they shop at a more expensive store, they get less stuff.

Your friend getting a bonus shouldn't be a factor. If they won't wear sketchers it's a waste.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:21 PM

you're a selfish person who is putting someone else's bonus above what your TEENS WANT

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:22 PM
I'm selfish? Seriously? I'm selfish because I'm saying hey find 100 dollars worth of shoes at this particular place? That's laughable.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

you're a selfish person who is putting someone else's bonus above what your TEENS WANT

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:23 PM
Take them to try on shoes. If they don't like anything then leave. Don't buy them ANY thing. Get you a pair of shoes and make sure you wear them around the kids.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)