Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really...5 months later???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

We just received a thank you note from DH's niece (actually BIL's step-daughter) for the graduation gift.  5 months later.  This girl never acts appreciative for anything DH's family does and honestly I didn't even remember giving her anything.  But really in 5 months she couldn't find the time to write thank you's?  Especially since she don't have a job or is in school.  I guess it's better than never but we are used to not hearing thank you from her...so it makes it all that much more apparent when she does.  

Actually, how that I look at it again, I'm not sure it isn't written by her mom...

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:35 PM
Call the niece and ask her if she enjoyed the gift and what has she done with it.
Tell her you were just wondering since you received the thank you note.
Hopefully she gets the point.
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:37 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Op lighten the fuck up.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

So she finally thanked you all and all you can do is judge her?

LMFAO

o.O....
by Cara on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:40 PM
Oh God. 😒
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:41 PM
Better late than never...
nicki.hemingway
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 12:41 PM

Is it possible she thought she wrote one and missed it or wrote it and misplaced it?

When I got married I wrote my thank you notes after I returned from my honeymoon. I thought I put them all in the mail.  6 months later my aunt was angry at me and I was unsure why so I asked her.  She was angry over not getting a thank you note.  I swore I wrote one to her and apologized and wrote a new one.  Two years later dh and I were moving to our new home and I found the original thank you had slid between my desk and the wall. 

Don't jump to conclusions just appreciate that she did take the time to write you even if it was belated. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:37 PM
Well I thought this because our mail delivery is really bad. But I looked at the postmark and it was dated 10/6. Plus her brother's birthday invite came too. I pulled out another card from my SIL and it's definitely written by my SIL.

Quoting nicki.hemingway:

Is it possible she thought she wrote one and missed it or wrote it and misplaced it?When I got married I wrote my thank you notes after I returned from my honeymoon. I thought I put them all in the mail.  6 months later my aunt was angry at me and I was unsure why so I asked her.  She was angry over not getting a thank you note.  I swore I wrote one to her and apologized and wrote a new one.  Two years later dh and I were moving to our new home and I found the original thank you had slid between my desk and the wall.  Don't jump to conclusions just appreciate that she did take the time to write you even if it was belated. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)