Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To wic or not

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
Technically we are eligible for wic but we manage without it. It would help us save more money so we could buy a house next year but I feel guilty using it. Due to give birth in 6 weeks and my husband is about to deploy again so me working is not realistic. We have a two year old and will have a newborn and I will be a sahm for at least another year. Can't decide if I should bite the bullet and apply or just continue as we have been.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:08 PM

fucking apply....you're doing yourselves no favor by turning it down and NOT saving money

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Take it. Dh and I qualify for wic. And on it to help save money.

We get tones of milk now penuat butter etc.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Just feels weird. We have savings but would love to really bulk it up. We live within our means and don't spend extravagantly but I like being self sufficient.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

fucking apply....you're doing yourselves no favor by turning it down and NOT saving money

DensHag
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:14 PM
My DH and I probably qualified for it but I never applied. If you don't need it why take it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:16 PM

but our gov ripping YOU off doesn't 'feel weird'?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Just feels weird. We have savings but would love to really bulk it up. We live within our means and don't spend extravagantly but I like being self sufficient.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this
If you don't need it, I wouldn't apply. It's not to bulk up your bank account.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My husband risks his life everyday and makes a laughable amount of money. It shames me that he is not better paid because he truly deserves it. He works his ass off and sacrifices a lot to serve his country. It does make me sad that he does not make more money but he loves what he does and I stand by his choices.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 1: Just feels weird. We have savings but would love to really bulk it up. We live within our means and don't spend extravagantly but I like being self sufficient.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:19 PM

Every bit helps. If you qualify, you should use it.

Besides, pretty much every junior enlisted family qualifies for WIC. There's a reason for that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I just am weighing our options as a way to help offset his dismal paychecks.

Quoting DensHag: My DH and I probably qualified for it but I never applied. If you don't need it why take it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:20 PM

that alone is enough of a reason WHY you should apply...suppose something happened to him?  You'd have MORE money to survive on. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: My husband risks his life everyday and makes a laughable amount of money. It shames me that he is not better paid because he truly deserves it. He works his ass off and sacrifices a lot to serve his country. It does make me sad that he does not make more money but he loves what he does and I stand by his choices.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)