Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S*** my exmil has done.

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:13 PM
  • 45 Replies

Just because... Toddler is sick, baby and toddler are sleeping.  I'm bored so here's a list of the weird shit my ex mil has done.  

This is not all of the things she has pulled, there's more, this is what I remember this minute though:

• Bought a realistic doll off the internet that looked like a real baby, named it Zack (my son's name is Zack) kept it in a crib by her bed and clothed it everyday.
  • Taught ds to call her "Ma-mommy" instead of Abuela behind my back.
  • Went to a church and lied to a priest, tried to pass herself off as ds's mother to have him christened without my or my mother there.  I was actually going to christen him, but she didn't want us to be a part of it.
  • Calls him "mi bebe" and says it's just a nickname.  
  • After exdh was arrested for assualting ds (who was 5months old at the time) I moved out while he was still in jail.  She showed up, walked in without knocking and insisted on helping me pack and move. Could not understand why I demanded she leave and didn't want her help.
  • Would open my mail, read my bills, once called Bell Canada to ask why my bill was so high, what payments were made on it and got upset when they barred her access and I wouldn't add her name to the account so she could have access.
  • After exdh's funeral, emailed me and asked, since exdh is dead could she see ds.  exdh had nothing to do with why she couldn't see ds, the restraining order against her did.
  • Went to every divorce court date.  Argued with the judge more than once.  
  • When I filed with family responsibility office because exdh got a job, he got himself fired and went on welfare.  In Toronto, that's only $500/month, so she gave him credit cards to live off of so he could stay on welfare and not have to pay child support.
  • When I came home from the hospital, I had extremely high blood pressure and the doctor's stressed that I was to be careful, have no stress and no visitors.  I came home and within an hour she showed up with 4 friends I'd never seen before and started to rearrange my kitchen because "it makes no sense".  I was on the phone with my sister when she came over and my sister came over to help me deal with it.  exmil slapped my bil in the face and called him gringo basura.
  • Called children's aid numerous times to tell them I was an unfit mother for various reasons, to name a few: I had a pet cat, my best friend is gay and "everyone knows gays are pedophiles", I filed for a restraining order on her.
  • When Children's aid opened a file because they had protection concerns about exdh, she called to complain that she didn't like the way our worker was handling the case (because the worker wouldn't let her come to exdh's access time) and demanded a new worker.  When she was told she has no right to demand that *I* get a new worker, she went up the chain of commands.  

THere are many more, but that's all I can think of rigt now lol

Oh man, she is crazy, so glad that I don't deal with that crap anymore lol

What are your monster in law stories?

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catcameback2
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:22 PM

BUMP!

o.O....
by Cara on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:22 PM
Jesus... How'd you finally get her to leave you alone?
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:24 PM
I am so blessed to have awesome in laws Lol. Sorry you had to deal with crazy tho. :(
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:25 PM
I COULD WRITE A NOVEL. But she's dead, so it's behind me.
Holy shit your ex mil is looney tunes.
catcameback2
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:26 PM

I had to get a restraining order, move, change my email, phone number and facebook, and cut all mutual ties.

We ran into eachother a couple years ago and tried to do a few supervised visits but she was normal for the first visit and back to batshit crazy for the second one, so I cut it off there.  Changed my number again, and simply emailed her to not contact me again.

After ex died I had to get another restraining order, but she's been quiet for almost a year now.

Quoting o.O....: Jesus... How'd you finally get her to leave you alone?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Nothing. She's the perfect MIL. Stories like this scare the shit out of me.
catcameback2
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:29 PM

lol she gives boundary issues a whole new meaning.  Funny thing is, she was genuinely confused about why I "hated" her so much.  She really thought I reacted negatively to all her "help" because I hated her.  She honestly thought I was cold and unloving because I am white and that was what the problem was.  

Quoting AngryBob: I COULD WRITE A NOVEL. But she's dead, so it's behind me. Holy shit your ex mil is looney tunes.

SlaJack
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:29 PM

She is great.  Very thoughtful.  Very generous.  I guess the only thing I would change; and yes I would change it if i could, is to create a little more space between all of us.  We have dinner at least twice a week, sit with them at Sunday service and talk on the phone at least once a day.

I could have bigger problems...

If I were you, this loon would never take up space in my head ever again.  After today, exhale... and poof!

DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:30 PM

i wont have a mil but my stbfil is nice

livyla
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:30 PM
Creepy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)