Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why are you tired?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

This is not a mommy war starter it is just something I don't understand. I think mothers of young children can all agree that kids keep you busy. Rather you are a sahm, wahm or wm; when you spend the day with your young child/ren, it can become tiring.

So when I am walking to the mailbox with two LOs and my dog and you ask "How can I be tired?" I smile and say, "Busy with kids," and then I will proceed to check the mail and go back inside.

Right now Yo Gabba Gabba is playing and my baby is in his bouncer, jumping up and down and my toddler is dancing in the living room. I am sitting in the kitchen finishing my lunch and taking a small break on CM.

Today I have already made breakfast for six people (baby doesn't count), got everyone ready for the day, review the study guides with my three kids that are in school, remind my toddler to potty six times already, walked my middle school to the bus stop that is two blocks away with all his siblings in tow cause he has "accidentally" missed the bus four times this year already, taken my two elementary kids to the bus stop, stop by the playground for my toddler, nursed my baby several times (once at the playground) walked the dog three times (bus stop and mail run), fixed lunch for three people, washed all the morning dishes, done two loads of laundry and the washer and dryer are going at this moment, changed a baby's diaper five times, stacked blocks and shaken rattles numerous times, sang "I'm a little teapot" at least twice, swept the floors once and have not once used the bathroom without a toddler's supervision.

This is just the first half of my day. An easy day, without doctor's appointments, grocery shopping or school conferences. Now I am not going to lie, if by some miracle both of my LOs take a nap at the same time, I am going to drop everything I am doing, short of putting out a fire and am going to go take a nap too. Soon the second half of my day will start. Soon I will have to cook dinner, help three kids with homework, track three kids down after they play outside and forget what an hour means, remind them to do their chores no less than five times before they stop whining and actually do them, still have to remind a toddler to potty, change and nurse the baby, regulate traffic to the only bathroom for six people, time showers and try to get the four of the kids to bed by nine. Again this will be an easy day, because there aren't any after school activities I have to chauffeur my kids to.

So maybe instead of people asking, "What did you do all day? or Why are you tired?" before midday. How about people just ask, "How are you?" and just assume that a mopm of young a child or children has probably been busy.

Again this is not a mommy war. I know working moms have to come home and keep house and parent, just like wahms have to work in the chaos of having young kids.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:15 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm tired because DH snores like a warthog in heat.
o.O....
by Cara on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:15 PM
You sound like you're snorting your kids' Adderall.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:16 PM

im tired because my thyroid is screwed up and im afraid to go to the doctor to get meds because i dont want them to tell me something else is wrong.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't ask people why they are tired... People ask you to justify your level of energy? That's weird.
livyla
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:17 PM
Just smile and go about your day.
PoisonEyeV
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Or just not get offended by every damn thing and move on.

DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:18 PM

being a mama and having kids is hard work and tiring

suomynona_amam
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:19 PM
I'm tired because I didn't sleep last night.
Again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:20 PM
I haven't gotten 2 consecutive hours of sleep in over a year. I'm fuckin' tired!
emK23
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:21 PM
I'm tired cuz my 1 month old baby wakes up at 3am for more food,then I go back to sleep (or try to?)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)