Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have to admit, I'm jealous.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I want to go back to being a stay at home mom so bad. I miss it. Miss being there when needed. Miss my house looking like a house rather than some trashed abandoned place. I've missed so much of my youngest growing.

I've been the sole income all year due to dh having an injury. He is finally able to go back to work. And originally the plan was for him to go to work, me to switch to very small part time, just so I didn't have to bug him if I wanted money. But plans changed.

Now I'm moving positions, he's starting his job, and we are saving to move. It's definitely needed. And on top of that I'm going to start school. I know it's all for the better. Better for us, better for the kids. I just miss focusing on being a mom.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AvantGardener
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:20 PM

I'm sorry. I know change can be really difficult, especially when it's not something you want to do right now.

DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:22 PM

im sorry mama but shit happens

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:24 PM
Sorry mama! Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:25 PM
I miss working. Nobody can have the best of two worlds. Maybe after you move you can stay home and go to school
AngryBob
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:30 PM
I miss being a stay at home mom, too. My house always seems like a mess. I will have to quit my job in a few weeks, though, so the end is in sight.
Too bad, though, I put in for a promotion. Oh well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:58 PM
Unfortunately no. With the house we are getting it'll take both incomes to cover it and everything the kids do with sports and such

Quoting Anonymous 3: I miss working. Nobody can have the best of two worlds. Maybe after you move you can stay home and go to school
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:18 PM

When I was working I didn't "miss" being a SAHM because I hadn't done it before, but I craved it.

It seemed financially impossible.

But we bit the bullet and made it happen and I don't regret it. (And it was really freaking hard for a couple years there, financially.)

I feel like life is way too short to travel through every day waiting for the next best thing. I'd rather be uncomfortable doing what I'm called to do, than comfortably looking across the fence at something I'd rather be doing.

That's just me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)