Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

B**** what? I stormed out of my doctor's office today !!

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:31 PM
  • 119 Replies
I rarely get sick but for the past month ive have bronchitis and now strep throat. My symptoms were so bad I went to urgent care two weeks ago because my pcp office was closed ..

So I wake up this morning voice is totally gone ...throat searing with pain. .congestion still there...head is pounding . I feel like death. The kids have a half day today so I needed to be back home by 12:00 p.m. to get them off their school bus. They are young and special needs. ..

I call the dr office at 9:00 a.m. when it opened and told them im very sick. .and I suspect I have strep throat may I come in as a walk in.

The receptionist tells me you can come in but were only giving you a strep test andthat is it nothing else. Were not not treating anything else so if you have bronchitis or the full you have to make an appointment for next week. I was stunned like wait what? That makes no sense. If im sick I cant be treated? Just a strep test and if its positive antibiotics. I said well okay because I truly believe it's strep.

I get to the office at 9:30 a.m. and im relieved to see only one other person in the waiting room. I sign in sit down ...and I wait....and wait...and wait...by this time more people.are showing up and getting called to the back.

I look at my clock....it's 10:45...I've been waiting for over an hour. Finally the receptionist calls me I think im going back...she says no excuse me you need to verify your insurance. I said im a patient here . I was here a few months atom insurance information is the same and she says no I need the card I have to verify it. I said are you serious ma'am? Ive been sitting there for an hour and your just now asking for my insurance information? ! She said I had other things to do and you are a walk in your last priority. I said when I got in here there was only one person here and now its a stream of people . I just want my throat checked out and if been waiting for over an hour...she said blah blah blah and I asked will I be out ofhere by 11:45 and she said no way . There is four other patients ahead of you and they are priority since youre a walk in. I wanted to scream bitch when I got here it was only one other person so if you have a list full of appointments and they are priority than ill never get to see the doctor!! What sense does that make ? As a family doctor you should expect walk ins ! You dont treat your patients like that!

I told her to cross my name off and im never coming back to this piece of shit office they run .

For fucks sake...I had no voice. ..im visibly ill and you can look at me and see I should be in and out and you have me wait there like a fucking dumbass....hell no !!

Im finding a new doctor. No excuses for this bullshit.

Two weeks ago I went to urgent care...they verified my insurance in less than threeminutes...iimmediately I was taken to a nurse and saw a doctor immediately who was very thorough. ..why cant regular dr offices function like that? !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:35 PM

because dr offices are for private FOR PROFIT..walk in's usually get fed dollars

EponineVader
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:35 PM
4 moms liked this

That's the way most PCP's work, Apointments first THEN walk in's....If it was that bad why didn't you go back to the UC?

Schauseil
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:37 PM
Because regular offices run off of appointments...
SupermarketMama
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:38 PM
My insurance is through my employer not Medicaid. They get the same amount of money.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

because dr offices are for private FOR PROFIT..walk in's usually get fed dollars

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catcameback2
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Most doctor's offices won't even take walk ins.  

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:39 PM
2 moms liked this

I have never heard of "walk-ins" at a regular doctor's office....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
That's how a lot of PCP'S are why should the people who have had appointments for how ever long have to wait because of a person who doesn't have an appointment
lizard3731
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:40 PM

My doctor's office (and the one I work at) will try to work people in if they're ill.  It's not always possible, but we do try.  And we don't let people wait for an hour before doing anything.  My pcp's office is kind of slow, but I've never waited that long just to have my insurance verified.  Finding a different doctor sounds like a plan to me.

SupermarketMama
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:40 PM
Urgent care is alot further and pcp are there to treat shit like infections and flus etc. Those are all walk in type aailments. When I lived in Jersey our doctor office always had wiggle room for walk ins. We were never treated like shit.

Quoting EponineVader:

That's the way most PCP's work, Apointments first THEN walk in's....If it was that bad why didn't you go back to the UC?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
livyla
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 1:41 PM
Go back to urgent care.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)