Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My son didn't get a ticket and he's heart broken...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
The school is having a fall festival... Bunch of games and prizes arts and crafts to buy you wear your costume and you can enter a pumpkin carving contest and a bunch more...
My son came home with the flyer and it stays there's limited tickets(which are free) first come first serve so my son sent it back the first day but he got rejected because the spots were already filled which they didn't even tell you they sent home a flyer today stating that if you didn't get a ticket you weren't choose not handed the form in to late.

Now may I ask how this is fair? To the kids in the school? I get that maybe it couldn't be free if they did the whole school so maybe they could have sold tickets so every kid had a chance? (We have a program for the poorer class families that live here that it's anonymous for them on how to go to money costing events)

Why do I have to invite a whole class to my sons birthday party but yet the school can pick and choose what kids go to the fall festival?
My son handed in the form the next morning... It's not like he handed it a week later.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:33 PM
Wait so if your son doesn't get a ticket he can't attend at all?
nicetry11
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Call school and ask what the ish is all about. Also, life is not fair--- quit acting like it is
purplemonkey702
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:34 PM

Even if the tickets are free, the school still has to pay for the event.

ardan85
by Ardan on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awful. I bet their will be lots of complaints on this. Who came up with this crazy idea? If the "rules" don't change maybe you can fun some fun activities to do with some friends? Pinterest is loaded with ideas. Sorry your son is sad.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Thats terrible who approved a fair which only kids with tickets can go to ? Then doesnt provide enough tickets for every kid in school ? That's total BS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:36 PM
Yep. Only kids who got tickets can attend.

This is why I think it's unfair. I guess since it's free they only wanted to supply a limited amount but then why not charge money for tickets so it's equal opportunity?

Quoting KaylinC03: Wait so if your son doesn't get a ticket he can't attend at all?
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:36 PM
3 moms liked this
That's really good point and I would address that with the administration. Why is it that you can't invite some of the kids in his class without inviting all of them to a birthday party that you are paying for but the school can invite some of the kids in the school but not all to a fall festival that is presumably being paid for with school funds. It would be one thing if it was based on grades or behavior or something like that but when its just first come first served that's crazy. They should have either sold tickets or limited the amount of activities so that they could afford for all of the students to join
AnariamaO.o
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:37 PM

So he cant even at least buy a ticket?Yeah that is some BS.

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:38 PM

This doesn't make sense.  Perhaps there is a misunderstanding?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 2:38 PM
I don't see why your son could not attend if you offer to pay for his ticket. Their policy is ridiculous.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)