Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That GINORMOUS internal eye roll...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

...when your Father-In-Law says something super duper sexist in front of your children and you're trying not to jump down his throat about it. 

He just told my twin girls (who are 4) that they can't call our new dog Sparklepants because it's a boy dog and we shouldn't "feminize" him. Whatever the fuck that means. 

I love my FIL, but every once in a while he trots out a real gem like that. 

I just told him that it would be hard to 'feminize' a dog that just got its' balls chopped off anyway, and smiled when I watched him squirm. 

They are farm folk, so I doubt if they've ever had an animal properly spayed or neutered. 

Whatever, buddy. Even though Sparklepants is only one of the dogs' three middle names, I'll be calling him that any time good old FIL is around. It's good for him. 

EDIT: Yeah, anti-feminists crack me up because they wouldn't have the choice to ignore feminism if it weren't for...feminism. Derp.

Also, we've had the dog for over a week, and every time my FIL see's the dog, he shakes his head and gripes about the damned name. My husband told him to shut up about the dogs' name yesterday because it wasn't going anywhere. Glad that my husband has more sense than most of you who flamed me for this.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Feminists drive me nuts.  Everything is a transgression, everyone should be unaware of gender, blah, blah, blah....Then, do something that you hope irritates someone who has transgressed, "in hopes of educating him" or something.  

Can you ever just let something go?  

702girly
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:02 PM

It's really confusing for a dog to call him by several different names. I don't care which name your family picks but settle on one for the dog's sake.

DesertMoonLass
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:18 PM
A dog with three names? Poor dog won't know what his name is and people will be wondering why he won't come to them when called. Also, it is common for farm anals to be kept in tact. Nothing wrong with that.
couture-mommy
by 8.21.1831 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:20 PM
Things don't change when people "let things go"

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Feminists drive me nuts.  Everything is a transgression, everyone should be unaware of gender, blah, blah, blah....Then, do something that you hope irritates someone who has transgressed, "in hopes of educating him" or something.  

Can you ever just let something go?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:21 PM
Let me guess, you're voting for Hillary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:22 PM
6 moms liked this

Nope, the only internal eyeroll here is you. People are allowed to have opinions. We have a male dog and my 6 year old daughter wanted to name him Bella and I said that he was a boy and needed a boy name. I'm not a submissive, whipped woman who knows my place in the kitchen while cooking and cleaning for my man. It's a boy dog. I think it should have a boy name. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:23 PM

I don't think what he said was that bad. *shrugs* I guess things like this just don't rile me up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:25 PM

LOL... I swear there is one in every family. DH's Uncle used to make me just grit my teeth everytime he opened his mouth. Now I just do the internal eye roll when he starts speaking.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:27 PM

You named your male dog Sparklepants?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:39 PM
Not that I really care what she call la her dig, she did sop periodically say 1 of 3 middle names. Hell, my dog's name is, Charles Brown He's A Clown Chuck Porter, or Charlie for short.

Quoting 702girly:

It's really confusing for a dog to call him by several different names. I don't care which name your family picks but settle on one for the dog's sake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)