Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He wants 50/50 custody

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
My ex wants 50/50 custody. I told him he can't get it bags he lives too far from our dads school and has no car to take her to and from school. He thinks I'm being u fair and is taking me to court anyway. I told hi he's wasting his time and he won't be able to get 50/50. Am i right?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lizapher2014
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:47 PM
If he has no way to transport them to school no I don't believe he will get shared parenting. I don't believe he will get it without a lawyer either which I'm assuming he doesn't have If he can't afford a car.
N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:49 PM
That would be doubtful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM
Nope, no lawyer

Quoting Lizapher2014: If he has no way to transport them to school no I don't believe he will get shared parenting. I don't believe he will get it without a lawyer either which I'm assuming he doesn't have If he can't afford a car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM
Ok

Quoting N_maricle: That would be doubtful.
MeAndTommyLee
by Angie on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:52 PM
And if he buys a car??
Lizapher2014
by Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:52 PM
I wouldn't stress out about it too much.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope, no lawyer

Quoting Lizapher2014: If he has no way to transport them to school no I don't believe he will get shared parenting. I don't believe he will get it without a lawyer either which I'm assuming he doesn't have If he can't afford a car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:55 PM
Its quite a drive from his place to the school and he can't get a car anyway. His license is suspended

Quoting MeAndTommyLee: And if he buys a car??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:55 PM
So by your logic because he doesn't have a car he can't parent equally. Hmmmm. Is that your only basis of saying no? If you didn't have a car would you hand him custody? Does he have family to help him? Is there school transporation? I mean not having a Car could just be a temp situation.

He can still fight. There is nothing wrong with a man fighting for his parental rights and time. Will he get it? Who knows?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:56 PM
Ok thank you

Quoting Lizapher2014: I wouldn't stress out about it too much.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope, no lawyer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:57 PM
He lives over 30 miles away from her school

Quoting Anonymous 2: So by your logic because he doesn't have a car he can't parent equally. Hmmmm. Is that your only basis of saying no? If you didn't have a car would you hand him custody? Does he have family to help him? Is there school transporation? I mean not having a Car could just be a temp situation.

He can still fight. There is nothing wrong with a man fighting for his parental rights and time. Will he get it? Who knows?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)