Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A kid still at school with Lice. Really?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 406 Replies
Who sends their kid to school with LICE, that is disgusting. My daughter came home and told me that a classmate in her class had lice. They didn't send the kid home instead they let this kid stay at school and ride the school bus home with all the other kids.
I was told by the nurse at school that if the kid don't have a "disease" then there is no reason for that kid to go home. Are you freaking kidding? What happened to common sense in people.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purplemonkey702
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM

Not really a big deal, but okay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM
Our school district doesn't send them home either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM
That is generally the way it is done now in most schools. They do not send them home, just alert parents.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's gross too. Put some tea tree oil in their conditioner. It will help repel the lice so they don't come home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Get over it, it won't kill your kid if she gets it, and not every parent can miss a week or more of work for a non life threatening issue.
cybcm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:52 PM
5 moms liked this
CM reacts so weirdly to lice, but then we have threads about kids with fevers and suddenly it's all about not missing school.
boardwino
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:53 PM
I'm so glad my school sends them home. All 3 of my kids have had lice and it's a pain :/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:53 PM
6 moms liked this
Really? Not a big deal yeah the hell it is. My kids have never had lice before from reading up on it it's something that shouldn't be taken lightly. People shouldn't send their nasty kid to school with head lice.

Quoting purplemonkey702:

Not really a big deal, but okay.

fivekids2220
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:53 PM

My sister's school had a policy of inclusion for kids with lice.  The principal said that if they excluded them, half of the kids would be gone.  If it's any consolation, she never got lice in all her years of teaching.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 3:53 PM
3 moms liked this
Used to be once a year they checked heads and sent them home if they have lice. Not any anymore.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)