Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o 18 year old post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

what do YOU think a baby needs? general necessities not insurance and stuff like that

im pregnant with my second and realized babies do NOT need nearly as much as they claim

my dd has a few outfits for every season

a bed to sleep in

a wrap to be carried (no we dont need a car seat here)

a wagon (thats already my ds's)

we cloth diaper but i realize everyone doesnt

wipes

bottles and a hand pump

blankets

idk where everyone gets the idea that babies need a ton of stuff because they dont....

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happyolechimp
by vera on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:19 PM
I think if babies made it thru being "neanderthal"...they are tuff
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

yep the women around here have nothing like the stuff people off the reservation have and their babies are really healthy

Quoting happyolechimp: I think if babies made it thru being "neanderthal"...they are tuff

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:29 PM

bump

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:29 PM
While I think you have a good point, I do think that those extras can make things much easier.

P.S. I have no clue what post you are referencing so my reply is strictly nased on your question. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:30 PM

not really it just clutters everything up

and the post titled "i feel like my parents sent me away" or something like that

Quoting krazymom2boyz: While I think you have a good point, I do think that those extras can make things much easier. P.S. I have no clue what post you are referencing so my reply is strictly nased on your question. :)

Mommylovefor4
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM
Baby wash
Baby lotion
Nail clippers
Socks
Hats

After your first you realize how much stuff you hardly/never used
Rlmori2010
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:37 PM
I get the very basic essentials. There is no need to spend extra money on crap you will use one time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:37 PM
Medicines - even stuff like butt cream
Soaps - if they have sensitive skin they may require the sensitive soaps, lotions and laundry detergent.
Brush - even baldness to prevent/treat cradle cap
Nail clippers
Socks
Toys to promote development and for entertainment
High chair/baby seat for safe and independent eating.
A swing and bouncy chair can be a life saver for fussy kids.
A bed - even if you co sleep a crib or pack and play for safe napping and playing
We also did the "non necessity" things like decorated their nursery, had outfits that were cute on top of outfits that were necessary, blankets that were monogrammed, the fun stuff and stuff that makes life convenient. We didn't make it a challenge to see how cheaply we can raise our children.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

what do YOU think a baby needs? general necessities not insurance and stuff like that

im pregnant with my second and realized babies do NOT need nearly as much as they claim

a bed to sleep in

wipes

bottles and a hand pump

blankets

idk where everyone gets the idea that babies need a ton of stuff because they dont....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:37 PM

eh i never really used any of that, i made the shampoo and stuff but i used it on myself also so i consider it my stuff lol

Quoting Mommylovefor4: Baby wash Baby lotion Nail clippers Socks Hats After your first you realize how much stuff you hardly/never used

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 4:39 PM

never used medicine or butt cream unless a doctor prescribed it

made my own but i use it on myself so i dont count it as baby stuff

used my own brushes

they dont need many toys as an infant

honestly you dont need half the crap you listed....

Quoting Anonymous 2: Medicines - even stuff like butt cream Soaps - if they have sensitive skin they may require the sensitive soaps, lotions and laundry detergent. Brush - even baldness to prevent/treat cradle cap Nail clippers Socks Toys to promote development and for entertainment High chair/baby seat for safe and independent eating. A swing and bouncy chair can be a life saver for fussy kids. A bed - even if you co sleep a crib or pack and play for safe napping and playing We also did the "non necessity" things like decorated their nursery, had outfits that were cute on top of outfits that were necessary, blankets that were monogrammed, the fun stuff and stuff that makes life convenient. We didn't make it a challenge to see how cheaply we can raise our children.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

a bed to sleep in

wipes

bottles and a hand pump

blankets

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)