Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

AT WHAT AGE DID YOUR KIDS FIND OUT ABOUT

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:50 PM
  • 45 Replies

Santa? How long did it take for them to stop being sad, that there was no Santa Claus?

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DixieL
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:51 PM

I think my son was about nine or ten. He was really sad. I think he was fine, by the next year.

SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:53 PM
2 moms liked this
My kids have always known that Santa isn't real.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't do Santa. When the kids are really annoying me I joke with them that mommieclaus is watching so they better knock it off. Here's a bump.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Well mine found out there was no Santa when I had no time to wrap presents. I had just picked up the presents on Christmas Eve. They were shocked of course but after a few days everything was fine. My kids were 10,5,3 and 1
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids never believed in Santa Claus.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this

In our household there is always Santa. Santa is someone that gives a gift and doesn't want you to know who they are and don't expect anything. We call them Santa. So we have someone to thank.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:56 PM

They were never sad, they asked and I answered. I want to say 8 or 9ish, but I don't remember exactly. They jumped right into helping keep the magic alive for the younger kids and weren't bothered by it. Though the second one did thank me for being honest about it, he said he already knew and would have been disappointed if I had tried to lie. He's an old soul, lol.

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this

ranchmama21
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:57 PM
I always told her it was pretend. It is fun to pretend and have fun but be respectful to those who believe. She has fun with it but knows he isn't real.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
My 10 year old asked me about Santa and my answer was Do you want to believe in Santa? Then believe and don't worry about anyone else. And that will be my answer until they (both my boys) decide to not believe. I don't expect them to be unhappy when they make the choice themselves.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)