Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't believe she messaged me on FB ..WWYD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this

Today I saw on my mobile FB that an ex friend send me a friends req (again-I defriended her 2 months ago and previous to that she unfriended me for some reason but we were friends up until a few months ago) and sent me a message. We go back about 13-14 years. We used to work together at my old job and became close when she was going through a divorce, adjusting to a single mom life. I was single when we met then got married, had kids blah blah blah. Got divorced. I have tried to remain friends with her as I miss the old days when we used to work together and she never made time for me, then finally moved out of state to care for her elderly parents since her kids are now adults. We occasionally exchanged friendly FB messages just to catch up with one another.

I posted a meme on my FB she took offense too ("at least I don't have ugly kids" it was not directed at anyone it was a joke) and she went OFF on my FB. Wow. For some reason she took it personal and said I had made a comment about her kids that wasnt nice at one time about the weight of one of them. I dont even remember this and her comment on my post was incredibly rude and mean spirited. This came out all of a sudden and my friends that read it said WTF whats her problem? I was taken aback, removed her comments and then unfriended her. She obviously has some built up resentment towards me and I do not know why.

So this morning I see a friends req and a message from her saying "How are you I was just thinking about you and your kids". Really? Does she not remember what she said on my FB post? Wow. I debated messaging her back but didnt. Right now I have her blocked. Wondering if I should unblock her and reach out and tell her I do not wish to rehash the past, but does she not remember what she did on my FB a couple months ago? I really do kinda miss our friendship.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sandylanes270
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:26 PM
4 moms liked this
Delete Facebook.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffluv81
by BBW on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:28 PM

BUMP!

ayacocca
by Lioness on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Silence is always golden.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Her feelings were hurt because she thought you were directing the post at her kids. This was probably in no way related to her but she felt her kids were attacked and lashed out. It wasnt right but she clearly still wants to be your friend. I think you should have a big talk and get everything out on the table and hug and move on. Your friend has been around through a lot and that is worth trying to save.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:30 PM
2 moms liked this

My answer to all of this is no. Think about what is going on here. This lady clearly loves the drama and feeds on it. If you don't want that stay away from her.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Blah blah blah, FB problems.
flaquitabss
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:31 PM
Facebook is high school drama. Delete it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't get the whole unfriend, refriend thing. It's like getting back with your ex over and over. No point to it.
quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:33 PM

back away from the computer..

blessed107
by Diamond Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:33 PM
Why do some you all allow what someone has said or did bother you so much? It's so easy to ignore annoying people.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)