Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told dh they need to stop riding together to work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this
My dh and his brother. It is causing problems at work.

They work at the same site but different areas.

There have a been more than a few time his brothers foreman has asked his brother to stay late but he says no. He says it is because he rides to work with dh. But I think it has more to do with the distance he has to drive. He has an extra 45 minutes from our house so he lives about 3 and half hours from work.

We'll yesterday his brother was asked to work late he said no. Now if he would have told dh, dh would have volunteer to help and stay late too. But he didn't. Dh didn't even know until the left and his brother told him

Tonight dh was asked. Dh said he would but they need to bring his brother over there to help them so he isn't sitting in the parking lot waiting 2 or 3 hours. The gf said fuck no. He fucked me yesterday and he flat out told me no. And dh said look if I would have known I would have came and helped but nobody told me. The GF said fuck no. Just go home. ( yes the gf cursed. He was in a pissy mood today and they all talk like that at work ).

When dh told me tonight. I said maybe it is time for your two to nit ride together anymore. They way nobody can use that they ride together as an excuse.

It isn't like it benefits us anyways. His brother doesn't do any of the driving it is our vehicle and dh always driving and he doesn't help with gas.

I told dh this would be best so he doesn't get on their bad side and do anything to screw up his job. Especially since they are firing people left and right, right now .
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:35 PM
Do you guys agree
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:40 PM
Yup
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm assuming he's a laborer or some other type of field worker? We own a small contracting company. That poop wouldn't fly. Your DH and his brother would be the first on the lay-off list for that nonsense. 

Absolutely he should be driving himself. The boss doesn't want to hear excuses about your brother when there is work to be done. Frankly neither do the other workers, because someone had to do it and if your Dh and his brother are never available to do the extra then they really aren't pulling their fair share of the load. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:47 PM
My dh is available it is his brother who keep using it as an excuse. They are in construction.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I'm assuming he's a laborer or some other type of field worker? We own a small contracting company. That poop wouldn't fly. Your DH and his brother would be the first on the lay-off list for that nonsense. 

Absolutely he should be driving himself. The boss doesn't want to hear excuses about your brother when there is work to be done. Frankly neither do the other workers, because someone had to do it and if your Dh and his brother are never available to do the extra then they really aren't pulling their fair share of the load. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:51 PM

From what you said it sounds like your DH is only available if his brother is brought over too. He needs to be his own man at the job site. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: My dh is available it is his brother who keep using it as an excuse. They are in construction.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:52 PM

so,is bil still living with you?why doesnt he give dh gas money,or drive?or offer his car?this wole mess is a clusterfuck..back away from bil cause hes a moocher..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:52 PM
He told his boss he would stay. He doesn't want to hear hid brother bitching the whole way home. That's why I told dh they need to start driving separately. Unlike his brother dh didn't flat out say no.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

From what you said it sounds like your DH is only available if his brother is brought over too. He needs to be his own man at the job site. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: My dh is available it is his brother who keep using it as an excuse. They are in construction.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:50 PM
Oh no. He is now mooching off his new wife. Getting gas money from him is like pulling teeth. And he sleep the whole way to work. Because he is lazy

Quoting quinnhenrysmom1:

so,is bil still living with you?why doesnt he give dh gas money,or drive?or offer his car?this wole mess is a clusterfuck..back away from bil cause hes a moocher..

quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:58 PM

well,tell him the 'free ride' is over..

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh no. He is now mooching off his new wife. Getting gas money from him is like pulling teeth. And he sleep the whole way to work. Because he is lazy
Quoting quinnhenrysmom1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:05 PM
Yeah it's not worth the extra wear and tear on his vehicle and no compensation for gas or upkeep. Bil is clearly reaping the benefit here. I wouldn't do it anymore.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)