Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pitbull Killed after ripping woman's arm off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. — A woman’s arm was ripped off by her boyfriend’s dog on Sunday night.

Police said when they arrived at the scene, they found a 48-year-old woman seriously injured from a dog attack.

Officers said they found the dog, identified in the police report as a pit bull, locked in a bedroom with blood stains on its mouth and body.

A short time later, the dog’s owner arrived along with Animal Control officers. Animal control told the man the dog would have to be surrendered.

The dog owner refused to surrender his dog.

According to the police report obtained by WCIV, a witness said he was walking his dog and saw the attack. He said the dog latched onto the woman’s arm, dragged her and ripped her arm from her body. Another witness said he threw a guitar stand at the dog to get it to release the woman.

The woman was taken to a local hospital. Her condition has not been disclosed.

Animal Control officers went back to the residence on Monday morning to seize the dog. It was taken Charleston Animal Control where it was euthanized.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mary716
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:40 PM
Is there a link for this?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mary716: Is there a link for this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3177447/Woman-48-left-arm-ripped-elbow-husband-s-pit-bull-named-Tiger.html

fostermommy1
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:47 PM

You can google it, I found it.  It sounds like the dog was provoked (unintentionally, she pressed on a wound the dog had received earlier in the day).  I feel bad for everybody involved.  The woman who received the injury from an animal I'm sure she loved and trusted.  The dog who was put down because it reacted the way dogs react.  Just sad all the way around.

o.O....
by Cara on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:48 PM
2 moms liked this
How come when it's not a pittbull the title is "woman's arm ripped off by dog"?
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
A dog that reacts that viciously, no matter the circumstances, is better dead!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:52 PM
It reacted how dogs react? Don't insult great dogs by putting them in the Same category as a pit bull. There is no other breed besides maybe a rottweiler that would of attacked a ripped off a human beings arm because you touched a wound. Pitt Bulls are violent, unpredictable dogs that need to be eradicated off this planet.

Quoting fostermommy1:

You can google it, I found it.  It sounds like the dog was provoked (unintentionally, she pressed on a wound the dog had received earlier in the day).  I feel bad for everybody involved.  The woman who received the injury from an animal I'm sure she loved and trusted.  The dog who was put down because it reacted the way dogs react.  Just sad all the way around.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:56 PM

Poor girl. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:58 PM
1 mom liked this

An scared of injured dog may bite. A dog should not ever rip off a human's arm. That is far, far from normal canine behavior. 

Quoting fostermommy1:

momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Poor woman. A dog that reacts that violently should be put down, regardless of breed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

no, abusive dog owners need to be eradicated...i know PLENTY of LOVING pit bull dogs...you are clearly VERY ignorant

Quoting Anonymous 2: It reacted how dogs react? Don't insult great dogs by putting them in the Same category as a pit bull. There is no other breed besides maybe a rottweiler that would of attacked a ripped off a human beings arm because you touched a wound. Pitt Bulls are violent, unpredictable dogs that need to be eradicated off this planet.
Quoting fostermommy1:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)