Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Adopt four kids AND Pregnant?!?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
My dh and I tried to have kids for years before deciding to adopt. I have a 12 year old step did who is with us half time. We got picked for a sibling group of four. We have a week to look over their full profiles and make sure we are still interested know that we know everything before we meet the kids. I just found out I'm pregnant. I don't know what to do.Four kids plus stepdd is a lot but all of them and a newborn? How will I do it all and give them all what they need? But I've already fallen in love with the four and I could possibly miscarry sadly. :-( This is wonderful and scary at the same time. Dh wants them all! I want them all but I'm scared!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I would never adopt a sibling group of I had kids at home. Most have been physically and sexually abused. You have to change your whole life for those kids. They will not adapt to your life. It will be full of therapy and locking the doors at night with alarms to keep them out of the other's room at night.

It's a huge commitment and I wish more people were honest in the work required.
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:09 PM
I don't think I could take on 5 kids at once. I know someone who just did it, they actually have 8 kids total, but I couldn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:09 PM
If you are able to carry the baby to term, I would focus on your baby for right now. Especially as a first time mom and first time pregnancy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:10 PM
I would do it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:10 PM
Your probably those kids only hope. But hell you cant save everyone and well, its gonna be really tough.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:11 PM
These kids were not abused. They were neglected but not abused.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would never adopt a sibling group of I had kids at home. Most have been physically and sexually abused. You have to change your whole life for those kids. They will not adapt to your life. It will be full of therapy and locking the doors at night with alarms to keep them out of the other's room at night.

It's a huge commitment and I wish more people were honest in the work required.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:11 PM
I would focus your attention on your new baby. That's alot of work itself. Not to mention 4 more children that could have any amount of issues. I'm sure they will find a place so don't feel like you are letting them down. Enjoy the one you have on the way. Congratulations!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:11 PM

You haven't met  the kids?

I wouldn't do the adoption then.

ilovemyboys84
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally I'd take the kids. I'd set them up with a schedule ...once you establish a schedule it will be easier imo. I have four..three close in age.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:13 PM

I commend you for considering adoption of a sibling group- that's a lot to take on and takes a huge heart.

However, I would also caution you that newborns are very time consuming. I can't imagine trying to bond with four older children while caring for a newborn. I have a 3 month old and 11 year old and I feel like the 11 year old has been on the backburner despite my best efforts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)