Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wwyd?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
If your kindergartener hit another child at school?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:56 PM

Unprovoked hitting? 

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:58 PM
Ground them for a couple of days from something they love, but that's only if it was unprovoked.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:58 PM
Yes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
What about calling the other child and apologizing or is a letter better? (Kindergarten not able to spell but it can be done with guidance)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:04 PM
Which one is appropriate calling or a letter to the other child?
Zanny
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:04 PM

When my own daughter joined in to taunt another child at school... I made her call him to apologize   We practiced what she would say to him before she called    

Lit was the worst thing I could've done to her   

Quoting Anonymous 1: What about calling the other child and apologizing or is a letter better? (Kindergarten not able to spell but it can be done with guidance)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:05 PM
How old is dd? Was it effective?

Quoting Zanny:

When my own daughter joined in to taunt another child at school... I made her call him to apologize   We practiced what she would say to him before she called    

Quoting Anonymous 1: What about calling the other child and apologizing or is a letter better? (Kindergarten not able to spell but it can be done with guidance)

sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:07 PM
Either is fine.

Did your child already apologize at school after it happened? I think that's sufficient in addition to a small punishment at home like taking away tv for a day or some toy DS likes for a week.

sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:09 PM
Why was it the worst thing you could've done?
What happened?

Quoting Zanny:

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:10 PM

Um...I am a teacher and it happens every day. Part of kindergarten. As a parent, keep giving consequences at home and reminding the child to be kind to others and NOT HIT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)