Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i kept my pregnacy from my husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
Now before you jump down my throat ,there's a good reason .. I'm 38 weeks pregnant and my soon to be ex husband who is in Ohio (I'm in Florida) doesn't know I'm pregnant with his child and as far as I'm concerned won't. We have been married for three years come December and from the get go he was violent would shove me and hit me when he was mad. Well shortly before I found out I was pregnant he beat me gave me a black eye , broken nose and busted up my tooth for confronting him about his cheating I had proof and he got mad and punched on me in the face . I went to stay with a friend for the night , and was warned that if I didn't come back that night my shit would be out of the house in the morning. I didn't go back because I knew he'd just beat on me again . true to his word most of my stuff was outside that morning ... My friend helped me get my stuff off the front lawn and let me stay at her place . I got ahold of my dad he drove up to get me "said the best thing to do is put as much space between me and my husband as possible"a week after I move to Florida I found out I was pregnant about 11 weeks and 2 days . My question is in Jan when I file for divorce will I have to bring up my baby or can I just keep dd out of it like a don't ask don't tell type of situation...
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sadee456
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:34 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't say a damn thing.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:36 PM
I would not say a word. I don't know how that works out legally though.
suomynona_amam
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't say a damned thing. I'd consult with a lawyer though, NOT the lawyer you use for the divorce though. Speak to a different lawyer and ask them hypothetically.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meghs82285
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Yup.

Quoting sadee456: Honestly, I wouldn't say a damn thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:39 PM
That's why Im waiting to do it until after the baby is born to file.

DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

i wouldnt say anything

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Wh are you waiting? Yes, you have to mention the child, but if you'd divorced while pregnant you could've kept it quiet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM

I wouldn't say anything and when the baby is born when asked who the father is just put unknown or what ever it is they put on birth certificate when a mother doesn't know or doesn't want the father to be listed. 

Like another said maybe talk to a different lawyer and ask a hypothetical question and see what if anything can or will happen if you don't say anything. 

Glad you're out of that situation and Good Luck!

sadee456
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:43 PM
Will the divorce take long? If not I'd do it asap, before you start showing. If you give birth to his baby while married and he finds out, that could get bad. Seeing as how he's a super asshole n all.

Quoting Anonymous 1: That's why Im waiting to do it until after the baby is born to file.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

If you file for divorce before the baby is born, (s)he'll be born after the divorce is finalized (hopefully) and you won't have to worry about him having automatic rights.  If she's born while you are still married, he is automatically the father of record, and can claim rights to her.  I would seriously talk to a lawyer about all this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)