Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it normal to feel this way after birth?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
I had my baby two months ago i felt this way up too a month after the birth and now it is back. All i did was go to the grocery store. 75% done and i was very weak and dizzy and out iof breath and my chest was hurting. I wasn't rushing either, i was taking my time. I am already anemic and have a few vitamin deficiencies but i stay on top of it with meds and foods. I know i am due for blood work which i am going for next week.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tklrcl2014
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:26 PM

No, that is not normal. Are you still experiencing vaginal bleeding?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:26 PM
No i stopped bleeding after a month.

Quoting tklrcl2014:

No, that is not normal. Are you still experiencing vaginal bleeding?

3companytoo
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:35 PM

I'm 2 months pp and don't have any of those symptoms.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:38 PM
Great 😕

Quoting 3companytoo:

I'm 2 months pp and don't have any of those symptoms.

mamalove619
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:40 PM
Not normal see a doctor asap.
Myw1ldcrazylife
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:45 PM

Almost sounds like a heart issue.  I would advise you to see a doctor about that.  It could be nothing, but it isn´t unheard of to have heart issues at any age

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:48 PM

Not normal but not impossible.

It sounds like lack of iron, completely. Even if you are on top of taking iron, that shit is really hard to absorb. Do you have an OTC med or a scrip?

The best iron I ever took was a prescription called Ferralet. It was Iron plus vitamin C and several vitamin B's in there.

If you take iron with calcium you render it useless. (Great for me as I was eating cereal before bed every day and then taking my iron pill, awesome.) You have to take it with Vitamin C, and it is best to take on an empty stomach, even though I swear every OTC bottle says take with a meal. (I think that is because it is hard on your stomach, personally. I always take it before bed now so I can sleep through the slight nausea it causes.)

Also, if your iron is low, your potassium is also probably low and maybe your magnesium. All of these things cause dizziness and lightheadedness and shortness of breath and extreme exhaustion.

(See if you can get on that prescription. It also is one of the few irons I've taken that doesn't constipate at all.) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 9, 2015 at 12:41 AM
Its a scrip 3x a day and has been for years. With vit C.

Quoting clairewait:

Not normal but not impossible.

It sounds like lack of iron, completely. Even if you are on top of taking iron, that shit is really hard to absorb. Do you have an OTC med or a scrip?

The best iron I ever took was a prescription called Ferralet. It was Iron plus vitamin C and several vitamin B's in there.

If you take iron with calcium you render it useless. (Great for me as I was eating cereal before bed every day and then taking my iron pill, awesome.) You have to take it with Vitamin C, and it is best to take on an empty stomach, even though I swear every OTC bottle says take with a meal. (I think that is because it is hard on your stomach, personally. I always take it before bed now so I can sleep through the slight nausea it causes.)

Also, if your iron is low, your potassium is also probably low and maybe your magnesium. All of these things cause dizziness and lightheadedness and shortness of breath and extreme exhaustion.

(See if you can get on that prescription. It also is one of the few irons I've taken that doesn't constipate at all.) 

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 2:02 AM

maybe not as "on top of it" as you think.  Those seem to be the low iron symptoms. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2015 at 2:04 AM
I agree with low iron, and possibly vitamin b also.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)