Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

step son mom is being difficult what can we do

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:35 PM
  • 45 Replies
My husband was going to go see a lawyer about getting custody of ss last week but after talking to a family member decided not to.

Ss mom still hasn't picked him up he will be here a month the 12th, his birthday was on the 5th she left a meg to say happy birthday my texted and asked was she still having a party for him and she said what for we did one for him last weekend, he asked was she even going to see him and she never replied.

I told him today if he is going to stay we need to switch his school to the same one our kids go to becuase I have been late to work 4 times the days I have to work the morning shift and I can't keep being late.

He called her tonight and told her that she is going to have to do something either follow the court order or give him to us but he can't afford to fight her and court when she is just going to lie, She told him to make it cheaper and none of us have to go to court she will give him to us but she still wants child support he told he that why should he support her while he is taking care of their son and that we need to change the school to the same our kids becuase I been late to work dropping off their son.

She told him no she don't want her son going to a Spanish immersion school becuase he is a real mexican and don't need help with his culture unlike my wannabe kids and that if I would plan better I wouldn't be late.

He told her he was done talking to her becuase she is being difficult for no reason.

I don't know what we are going to do, she is still getting child support and she doesn't even have him. We don't want to take it back to court becuase we really don't have the money to spend just for the judge to keep things the way they are.

What else is there we can do?

I might not be able to respond right away
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Keep a journal of what you can. Also if you can keep things through text or email now that way when she says stuff like that there is proof.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM
Ok what happened to change your mind about going for custody? That is the obvious answer here if mom doesn't want him and it's been a month.
lovemylife_15
by Tired as a Mother on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM
2 moms liked this
If she leaves him at your house for 30 consecutive days you all can file for abandonment and gain custody that way
DJsmama34
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:43 PM

other than court, theres nothing else u can do

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:44 PM
2 moms liked this
If you don't have the money for a lawyer try a free legal aid office.
In your situation you may not even need one. If you can provide evidence that she has all but abandoned him, you won't need a lawyer for much else. You can go to the court house and file the paperwork yourselves.
slowbear1990
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:53 PM
I have been documenting everything

Quoting Anonymous 1: Keep a journal of what you can. Also if you can keep things through text or email now that way when she says stuff like that there is proof.
Moniker
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:54 PM

A lot of attorneys will give a free phone consultation. Your dh should at least try calling around and see if one will talk to him for free or some charge a nominal fee for consultations. Ask if he has a case for abandonment, that potentially makes the entire situation easier for your dh. The other thing he can do is bargain with her it's a bit of a gamble but she already started it. Tell her if she signs over custody he won't go after for child support but if he has to get an attorney for custody then he will have to seek child support to recover attorney fees. It might not work but why not try?

slowbear1990
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:55 PM
Money my husband aunt said don't do ss mom will just lie and we will waste money that we don't have to put into legal fees

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Ok what happened to change your mind about going for custody? That is the obvious answer here if mom doesn't want him and it's been a month.
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
You really don't need a lawyer... If she hasn't gotten him in a week change his school, file paperwork yourself, and keep it moving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:58 PM
Don't listen to family members. Go to court. File for emergency custody. A hearing will be set. You'll tell the judge what's going on, switch his school, and stop paying that cunt.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)