Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dear Servers,

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:36 PM
  • 41 Replies
Please stop treating me like shit.

When I walk in with a toddler in tow, without a ring on my finger, and the face of a wrinkly teen, I get it. You don't expect a tip at all. Maybe you think I'll leave without paying (which explains why I've had servers clear the table if I go to the bathroom) but that doesn't entitle you to giving me shitty service.

I'm the kind of person who doesn't go out to eat unless I can afford the tip, which I'll admit, it's not often. So when I do go out I don't want to get treated like a bother.

And the worst part is that once my meal is over, and I've waited twenty minutes without a dessert menu, and I finally see you around the corner and I chase you down to ask for the check, I'm faced with two options: 1) Give you the tip you deserve of $0 or 2) Surprise you with the max tip I had budgeted for and hope Karma exists.

I usually go for the latter but every time it's the same.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Where in the world are you going out to eat that you are treated like that? And why are you going back?!?
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:39 PM
They are being awful judgy.

What type of restaurants are giving you this treatment?
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this

What is a wrinkly teen look like?

TurtleMami
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM
Like someone you might confuse as a teen if it weren't for the huge bags under her eyes.

Quoting mmm2015:

mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:43 PM

Quoting TurtleMami: Like someone you might confuse as a teen if it weren't for the huge bags under her eyes.
Quoting mmm2015:

hmm

mamalove619
by Bronze Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:44 PM
Where'd you go? Until June. I was young and with no ring on my finger with two toddlers.. I have never been treated as such. And had I been treated so badly I would make sure it was voiced to a manager. I'd totally go with you and give those people a piece of my mind for treating you so badly when you don't deserve that.
2pink1blue
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:44 PM

I think you need to try a different establishment and go in with a more positive outlook on how well you should be treated.

shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:45 PM
2 moms liked this
I would never treat someone that way. Even those I know are going to leave nothing. I'm sorry you've had such poor service.
MamaBear131716
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Considering I'm a mom too, I'm very comfortable serving parents. I don't judge them and they are usually good tippers.

Also, I've had busers bus my tables when my guests went to the restroom. That's more likely what happened to you. A server won't usually clear a table unless it's obvious the guest left.
TurtleMami
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 8:47 PM
Nothing fancy. From Denny's to Olive Garden and the local equivalents.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Where in the world are you going out to eat that you are treated like that? And why are you going back?!?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)