Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is everyone here so untrusting when they hear birth control failed?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:01 PM
  • 88 Replies
1 mom liked this

I got pregnant with THREE babies on Yaz lol... not pregnant three times, pregnant with three babies.

( EDIT: As is triplets , not three seperate pregnancies)

It happens lol. 

You guys act like it's so unbelievable, but I think that's because you're only talking to people in those posts that have gotten pregnant... the rest who never did aren't chiming in on the conversation so the odds seem a little over inflated.

Luckily I was married and not a teenager, but just because a teenager gets pregnant as well on BC doesn't mean they're lying.

by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:08 PM
Honestly I don't believe anything works 99.9%. Except abstinence lol. I got pregnant with my last using condoms properly and none broke. I know that success rate is about 89% though.
morgiefae
by on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:18 AM

Only three types of BC have worked for me.... abstaining, dh's vasectomy, and plan b... lol

the pill (odd), depot shot (ydd), and my miscarrage was the nuva ring. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Well the pill has a 0.03% failure rate with perfect use (so some people will get pregnant anyway) and a ~9% failure rate with typical use, which covers a wide array of user errors. User error is, by far, the most common way the pill fails. 

NinjaDeathKitty
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

My third son was a BC baby, the pill, taken extremely correctly. 

After that, I just stopped the hormonal BC altogether and use Plan B if we have a condom mishap. Just not worth it to talk all those hormones and still get knocked up. 

redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:23 AM
Maybe I'm the oddball out...I don't care. Why people get so worked up over it is beyond me!
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:23 AM
The pill made me more fertile. Normally, it's tough for us to conceive. But I went on the regular birth control pill, and yes, I took it daily at the same time-noon-and I was pregnant a few months later. I tried a different pill after he was born, and voila-my five year old.
I personally feel that the hormones make me more regular, and they cause me to ovulate-which I don't always without hormones.
I'm now using a diaphragm. I have been off of all hormones for five years, and no accidental pregnancies. Indeed, it took us five years to get pregnant with our first, and I had never taken the pill at that point.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lukesmom2002
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:24 AM

My mom was on birth control when she had me but she pointed out she missed pills so her birth control didn't fail she did by not taking them at the same time each and every day.  My younger sister claimed her birth control failed but again it was her failure she missed pills and didn't use another form after she was told to while she was on antibiotics. Used correctly most birth control has a high rate of success used wrong babies happen. So I do know women get pregnant while on contraception but in most cases it is because of user error not that the method failed. 

If a method is used perfectly and fails I would be seeking a new one.lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:24 AM
My mom got pregnant twice on the IUD.
sandylanes270
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:25 AM
7 moms liked this
For me it's because the failures seem to always correlate with having babies in the middle of bad situations like extreme poverty or bad marriages. Almost every time I see a pregnant woman here lamenting of not having proper security (stable housing, adequate provisions, decent husband/father of the baby etc), it's always followed by a claim of birth control failure, which to me seems more like something they made up to escape scrutiny as to why they're bringing babies into unstable and sometimes horrible situations.

I refuse to believe that I'm the one and only person who's noticed that pattern on this board.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 9, 2015 at 10:25 AM
My son was a yaz baby too. I have PCOS and was told I'd never conceive naturally.

Apparently yaz leveled my hormones just enough to actually make me fertile. And 3 doctors I saw all confirmed that yaz had a high failure rate and that it was actually pretty common.

I just wish it would happen that easily this time around. Going on 3 years ttc
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)