Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boyfriends son

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
y boyfriends son is beginning to be very picky. He won't even touch the food I give him and asks his dad is he can have candy instead. Since he's not my child I feel I can't get involved but it makes me sad because the son is 3 and he never eats healthy. And when I make him food it's healthy with veggies. His dad will cave in and give him what he wants. I don't know what to do. Or should I just shrug my shoulders?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miller0305
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:06 PM
Not your kid. Let dad handle it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:07 PM
So, what do you think is going to happen if this relationship progresses? Is he the type of father you'd want for your kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:09 PM
He's a good father to his son it's only this part that I'm noticing.

Quoting Anonymous 2: So, what do you think is going to happen if this relationship progresses? Is he the type of father you'd want for your kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Let it go, as hard as it is to see a child not getting good nutrition, it's also not likely to change & just cause animosity. It could turn into 'your the bad guy' when it's really about food.
If you want to encourage healthy eating, be creative http://www.parenting.com/food-recipes/snacks/10-creative-healthy-snacks-kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, he's the type of father that caves in and gives his child what he wants instead of standing his ground and doing what's best for his kid...creating a future brat. Can you imagine if you had child together and he did the same?

Quoting Anonymous 1: He's a good father to his son it's only this part that I'm noticing.

Quoting Anonymous 2: So, what do you think is going to happen if this relationship progresses? Is he the type of father you'd want for your kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:12 PM
Yeah you're right

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well, he's the type of father that caves in and gives his child what he wants instead of standing his ground and doing what's best for his kid...creating a future brat. Can you imagine if you had child together and he did the same?

Quoting Anonymous 1: He's a good father to his son it's only this part that I'm noticing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:15 PM
I guess maybe another question is, what are my bounderies? He has his mom and dad. They are just co parents with another. But I watch him 3-4 days a week. Sometimes I feel like the babysitter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:16 PM
This was exactly my first thought. OP just so you know, kids who are given crap to eat all the time, usually end up fat children. I met my DH when his youngest sister was almost 8-years-old. She has always been allowed to eat and drink whatever she wants, whenever she wants. Whenever I see her, she's always shoving junk into her face instead of a salad or fruit. She eats chips, lots of fast-food, pizza, cake, ice cream, and a lot of soda pop. She is around 200 pounds over what she should weigh! Her bad habits have been now transferred down to her daughter. She allows her daughter to eat whatever she wants. Now she's 12-years-old and already 25 pounds overweight. Smh. Good luck if you decide to procreate with this guy. How you two will ever figure out "what" your child will eat or doesn't "have" to eat, will be fun to figure out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:18 PM

pretty much what I was going to say... the kid is only three and learning to get his way by whining??????? that doesn't just magically fix itself, you know. Dad doesn't know how to parent.. he can lay down basic ground rules and follow through..

you need to find a new boyfriend. This guy isn't father material.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well, he's the type of father that caves in and gives his child what he wants instead of standing his ground and doing what's best for his kid...creating a future brat. Can you imagine if you had child together and he did the same?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:20 PM

what do you mean you 'watch him'...? do you and the father live together?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I guess maybe another question is, what are my bounderies? He has his mom and dad. They are just co parents with another. But I watch him 3-4 days a week. Sometimes I feel like the babysitter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)