Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM saying they don't have to listen.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 287 Replies
Ummm.... No.

Your kids have to follow the rules in our house. And yes I have authority to dole out punishments. You don't like the rules. Sorry. You don't like that I have a little bit of authority sorry. That's how our home works.

I got a call from BM because my SOs son got in trouble the other morning while we were getting ready for school. Yes I scolded him and yes I handed out a punishment. She didn't like the punishment I gaveout. Instead of Asking what happened or calling dad she laid into me. Then told the son that under no circumstances is he to listen to me. That I'm no one. This was on speaker. I asked her if she tells him that about his teachers or his grandparents or aunts, uncles, coaches etc. all those people have an authority over children when they are in their care and all can hand out punishments. Detention, no ice cream, pulling them form a game, you get the picture. So j said what's the difference? She kind of stuttered on her words and hung up on me.

She did call my SO later that day and said the same thing to him. He told her sorry that's how it works. And basically to but out. I don't hand out physical punishments and our house rules are something we made together and that is our house she has no say...

Soooooo..... She threatened to take the kids away from him. What the hell is wrong with this woman.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charlie557
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

She's insane.

RadnRem
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
What was the offense? What was the punishment?

I think she's kind of extreme/irrational with her response to you.
Unless of course you did something outrageous. But I don't get the feeling that's very likely.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:25 PM

I'm pretty sure I agree with you, but how long have you and SO been together?

mischele
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Ya BM started that crap with me. Now SS doesn't think he has to follow any rules and doesn't mind her husband. She made a monster and it's not my fault. I also have authority to do punishments. DH punishments are up down goes. A military punishment. Ds15 lost 15lbs in 3 months. He was mouthy for awhile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:27 PM
Six years.

Quoting Zazayam:

quinnhenrysmom1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

even if i didnt agree with sm,id never tell my son not to listen to her.id discuss it privately.that was a dick move saying that to ss..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this
OMG where the hell are the adults in this SMH.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, yeah. There was a possibility you were just a flavor of the month acting all stepmomish, lol. As long as it wasn't some crazy outrageous punishment that didn't fit the crime, I agree with you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Six years.
Quoting Zazayam:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:33 PM
2 moms liked this
Meh. It's a minor offense. But a repeat offense. The kids have stuff to do before they get their play time. He either "forgets" or skips half of it so he can get back to his PlayStation. So he got it taken away for that day.

Quoting RadnRem: What was the offense? What was the punishment?

I think she's kind of extreme/irrational with her response to you.
Unless of course you did something outrageous. But I don't get the feeling that's very likely.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:34 PM
3 moms liked this

This is why I got who is allowed to dole out punishment and other issues when either of one us has SO's in our divorce.  I wanted to avoid all this drama.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)