Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it weird that I rather have my bf sleep instead of me ..!??!Lol

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
We just had a baby,she's 1 month old.I also have a 4 year old daughter.We relocated to Florida,and decided it would be easier if I just stayed at home with the kids plus we don't know anyone here to watch them.So he's working 8am till 5ish pm .The baby usually wakes up at 12am or 3am for a bottle and I'm the one getting up,cuz I feel like he needs more sleep then I do cuz he has to go to work the next day,and I just have to drive my daughter to preschool and stay home with the baby.My friend said that HE should be getting up as well with me.....I don't really know? When I had my first daughter when I was 16 (different dad)I did it all alone with the help of my mom of course so Im kinda used to waking up at night by myself..I mean he works and does other things as well not like he's lazy lol.He just gets to sleep more then me aha.

Does your husbands/boyfriends get up to feed the baby?My friend is confusing me lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:31 PM
You do whatever works for your family.

Dh & alternated days. I would get to with kids 3 days in a row and he would do it 3 days in a row, this way we had stretches of good sleep, not just here and there.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:34 PM

Whatever works for you.

I BF, so I was always the only one getting up at night.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:34 PM
My husband works from 2:30 to 11pm so he usually gets up with our son since he doesn't have to be up early & I've been with him all day. But you should do what works for you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:35 PM

My husband got up with our baby while I was recovering from childbirth, but I did it most of the time after I was healed. He worked a long day while I could take cat naps while the baby was sleeping. He did get up some nights, but that was more for bonding experience with the baby.

If you are breastfeeding or her daddy is not home much during her waking hours, then he should get up to feed her sometimes. He needs to bond with her too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:36 PM
Now why on earth would both of you need to get up? If you are formula feeding it might be nice for him to take over night freeding for a day on the weekends. I bf my 3 so I was the only one that got up at night.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:36 PM

My husband (boyfriend at the time) never did -he was never good at waking up and functioning quickly - still doesn't.

I was and am. 

He did and does things im not good at - like cleaning up vomit - and staying up late.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:37 PM
My husband NEVER got up with the baby. I didn't see why he would. I actually think it's stupid to make 2 people get up. But, different things work for different families
maliksmama2
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:37 PM
In this situation, it makes sense that you would get up with the baby and let him sleep. The baby still remains equal responsibility on both sides though.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

one thing to remember a "fair and equal relationship" doesn't mean you both have to equally do each and ever chore.

A good relationship - you both try to make each others lives easier -by taking on the tasks you are better at than your spouse or the tasks your spouse hates and you hate a little less.

If you both are eager to do your best to make each others lives easier - you will NEVER argue over "fair and equal"

Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:39 PM
I always got up with my sons when they were infants. Partly because I was the food source, and partly because I couldn't fall back to sleep after hearing a crying baby.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)