Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this WRONG?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
I mean I know it was immature but was it wrong?

My SD has had this girl in her class that is a spoiled brat and a bully since they were 4. They're 11 now, in 6th.

She has punched, hit, pinched, name called, pulled hair, exclude and worse to my SD. I remember holding this tiny little 4 year old baby in my arms while she sobbed that she never wanted to go to school again because of this kid.

It's only gotten worse over the years.

Her mother has done nothing but encourage her. When I sat down with her to talk it over she told me to stay out of it because "girls will be girls."

The kid doesn't do quite enough to be kicked out of school, but most of the mothers of the other girls have complained about her too. She's just... Not well parented and a brat.

Well the beginning of school this year I noticed that she has hit that awkward stage. She is just down right odd looking. She'll grow out of it, I'm sure. All kids go through it.

Anyway... I said to SD (at home), "well GirlsName's outside sure matches the inside these days, huh?"

DH says it was a horrible thing to say. I say I can say whatever I want to SD in the privacy of our home. I wouldn't ever say it to the kid though.

Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:50 PM

In my opinion it was wrong and will be repeated whether that was your intention or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh. Probably made your daughter feel better. Maybe a little mean, buuuuut kinda sounds like she deserves alot worse. No biggie
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes that's terrible, you're no better than the mother ignoring her daughter being mean to others.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't care if it was repeated or not. The kid sounds like a pain in the ass and the insult fits.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:54 PM
You made fun of an 11 year old....how awful.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I don't think it was wrong at all.

Then again I might not be your goto person for this

LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:55 PM
1 mom liked this
No, it won't be repeated.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

In my opinion it was wrong and will be repeated whether that was your intention or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Those words have the potential to encourage dd to be like the very girl who has been bulling her. Never teach hate or meanness. For her well being teach her to respond with kindness or no response at all.
Caidysmom
by MindyM on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:56 PM
Probably not the best thing to say to SD, but ...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 9:56 PM
2 moms liked this
So what? You were in your own home. You can say what ever you want.

The idea that all these perfect sanctimoms never have an unkind thought is absurd. I have them. The sanctimoms have them. And my kid has them, on her own, without me putting them in her head.

If anything, you told your daughter that she can always be honest with you, even if, god forbid, she has an unkind thought.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)