Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon after giving birth did you get your period back?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

I had my dd almost 8 weeks ago and dint stop bleeding from that until she was about 6 weeks. When I wiped earlier there was a little blood but i'm not sure if its the begining of a period or what.

So when did you get yours back?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:39 PM

I have a 3 month old. I spotted until 10 weeks and then got an IUD. A little spotting since then. I am hoping to not ever get it back between breastfeeding exclusively and the IUD.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:40 PM

I forgot to add im not on any bc. I really enjoyed the months of not having one.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I have a 3 month old. I spotted until 10 weeks and then got an IUD. A little spotting since then. I am hoping to not ever get it back between breastfeeding exclusively and the IUD.

Nicole_2007
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:40 PM
My daughter will be 3 months old next Thursday. I got my period back last weekend
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Are you breastfeeding? That will often delay it as well.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I forgot to add im not on any bc. I really enjoyed the months of not having one.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:41 PM
Anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months was my longest.

I EBF and it didn't do anything to prevent my cycle from returning. I wasn't one of the lucky ones. Lol
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:42 PM
5 months, 9 months and 6 months
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:43 PM
I bled for 2 weeks after. And then had period about a month after. Right around the 6 week mark.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:43 PM
Six months after each kid was born. I was breastfeeding with all of them, but had been completely done nursing by three months and pumping by six months with my first. I thought that's what caused my period to come back, but then I was ebf with the other two and I got my period back at the time time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:44 PM
With breastfeeding the soonest it's returned for me is 7 months postpartum.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 10:44 PM
I stopped bleeding after a week or 2 and then resumed my normal periods the next month. A yr later I got the IUD and bleed almost everyday. I had it taken out after a yr of that nonsense
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)