Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to dish it out?

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:25 PM
  • 18 Replies
How do you all dish out dinner?
Do you eat at the table with serving bowls?
Do you dish out of the pots and pans and then eat at the table?

As I was cooking dinner tonight, I started to put the finished stuff in separate bowls for the table. I realized I was making double work for myself that way. So I dished the plates from the pots and pans put the lids on and that was that. It made cleanup much faster tonight.
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:26 PM
I make the plates and take them to the table
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this

I usually just fix the kids plates for them. During the Holidays or Birthdays we set everything on the table

squeekers
by squeekers on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:27 PM
I make the food, and plate it before passing it out to family. It's their job to put the dishes in the sink.
SC_MomofTeens
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:28 PM
Tonight was actually the first time I had the lightbulb, aha moment and thought to do that. I admit, sometimes I'm a little slow. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I make the plates and take them to the table
bibdybobdyboob
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:29 PM
We help ourselves from pots and pans. Putting it on platters is a nice touch, but I hate doing dishes. :)
SC_MomofTeens
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
I do the same for holidays. Usually birthdays I'm not cooking because they get to pick where to eat.

Quoting Sassy762:

I usually just fix the kids plates for them. During the Holidays or Birthdays we set everything on the table

eadyT
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
If it's just me and dh I just make our plates.
If we have company then I put it in serving dishes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:30 PM
I have a small table and it stops the reaching and food slopping and touching hot stuff and reduces dishes.

Quoting SC_MomofTeens: Tonight was actually the first time I had the lightbulb, aha moment and thought to do that. I admit, sometimes I'm a little slow. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I make the plates and take them to the table
SSwtP
by on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:32 PM

We serve from the stove most of the time.  If it is a special dinner with other people here, we do serving dishes.  I don't like making the extra work for just DH, Me, and DD (who is too young to care).

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 8, 2015 at 11:33 PM
I usually put it on plates right off of the stove then have them take their plate to the table.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)