Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you let others breastfeed your baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I wad at a family gathering today and my friend said that she lets others breastfeed her baby...so I grew concerned because Hiv can pass through breastmilk....now I am regretting not educating her so I feel bad and should have said something but I didn't want to offend and so many around us. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bjw_053109
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:16 AM
Um no nursing my children was my job and I'm sorry but I'm mildly disgusted by the idea of someone nursing someone else's child
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:19 AM

That's nasty. 

Educate your friend!

tclaurend
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:20 AM
Absolutely not. I did use donor milk when having to supplement, but that was given through a bottle.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:44 AM
She's your friend, so you should be able to stop by her house, meet her for coffee, write her an email or real letter, etc. Send her links in an email or print information and give it to her or mail it to her. Just do what you can to give her the information she needs. It should not be difficult to find a way to give your friend information, as long as you tell her that you are talking to her about it out of caring and concern, not in a know-it-all or "omg, you are so stupid!" way.
Hell, she may not hang up on you if you nicely and sweetly try to educate her during a phone call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:49 AM
No. But, I did tell dh that if something happened to me in the delivery room or I died before I stopped breastfeeding to get donor milk. His sister said she would just give our dd her pumped milk.
702girly
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:49 AM

No, I would never allow that. If someone did it without my permission I would consider it an assault and file charges. 

kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:51 AM
I would allow a wetnurse if she had the same level of health standards that I have. No big deal, my nipples aren't special lol anyone is capable of doing the same thing I am.
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I breastfed my best friends baby for a year. Our babies were born 2 days apart. I think it depends on who,why and is everyone tested to be sure of no diseases or meds that pass to baby. Its a very intimate thing and to be a Childs wet nurse isnt something to be taken lightly at all.
sweetsmom_23
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:54 AM
Not in a million lifetimes. I would buy donor milk that went through a reputable company.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:20 AM

NO thats just gross to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)