Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stupid medicine

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
Doc prescribed me tramadol. 50Mg. It doesn't feel like it did much but wire me up. Not it is almost 3am and i have to be up for 8am and have a bunch of running around to do and i don't me sleeping any time soon. I thought tramadol was suppose to help for pain?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:52 AM
You sound like you're high. Lmfao.
702girly
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:52 AM

Take it in the morning if you can.

My meds knock me out so I take them right before bed. 

jws120567
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:54 AM

Tramadol IS for pain, not for sleep, LOL!  I loved the stuff for the very brief time I was on it, it really helped.  Unfortunately I ended up highly allergic, my throat swelled and no more Tramadol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:58 AM
It does make me loopy lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: You sound like you're high. Lmfao.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 2:59 AM
I can't. Makes me loopy and i have two small kids to care for. Their not much trouble at night cause the youngest only wakes two times.

Quoting 702girly:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:00 AM
One doesn't help the pain. Looks like i need two but i get loopy from just one lol

Quoting jws120567:

Tramadol IS for pain, not for sleep, LOL!  I loved the stuff for the very brief time I was on it, it really helped.  Unfortunately I ended up highly allergic, my throat swelled and no more Tramadol.

702girly
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:04 AM

It sounds like you need to change meds then because this one isn't working for you. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can't. Makes me loopy and i have two small kids to care for. Their not much trouble at night cause the youngest only wakes two times.
Quoting 702girly:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:06 AM
Im not sure what else i can take for pain so

Quoting 702girly:

It sounds like you need to change meds then because this one isn't working for you. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I can't. Makes me loopy and i have two small kids to care for. Their not much trouble at night cause the youngest only wakes two times.

Quoting 702girly:

jws120567
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:07 AM

I can definitely see where that can be frustrating!  I have such an extremely high tolerance to pain meds that I haven't gotten loopy in decades.  Except when I was on IV dilaudid in the hospital for pancreatitis, and that loopy only lasted 5-minutes, tops.  That was 7-years ago.  If you aren't working or driving, go ahead and take that double dose until your body adjusts.  I truly hope you feel better!

Quoting Anonymous 1: One doesn't help the pain. Looks like i need two but i get loopy from just one lol
Quoting jws120567:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 3:10 AM
Thank you. Im just nervous taking two since im a single mom with two little ones. I dont want to seem like a pill seeker if i ask the doc for something strong or something

Quoting jws120567:

I can definitely see where that can be frustrating!  I have such an extremely high tolerance to pain meds that I haven't gotten loopy in decades.  Except when I was on IV dilaudid in the hospital for pancreatitis, and that loopy only lasted 5-minutes, tops.  That was 7-years ago.  If you aren't working or driving, go ahead and take that double dose until your body adjusts.  I truly hope you feel better!

Quoting Anonymous 1: One doesn't help the pain. Looks like i need two but i get loopy from just one lol

Quoting jws120567:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)