Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't sleep with my husband like this anymore!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
When Dh can't sleep he tosses and turns and then I can't sleep. It's not the movement that keeps me up its the pulling the sheets off of me in the process or scaring the cat with the abrupt move who then scratches me. Or moving the pillow that was inadvertently put between us and now I'm using it for my arm. Or cuddling up next to me until I'm nice and warm and then moving away.

It's maddening and while I know he can't help it I'm not getting any sleep. So we are buying a king size bed, we have a queen now, and we will have our own blankets. I'm hoping this fixes our problem and we can peacefully sleep together again.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:16 AM
What's wrong with him that makes him do this?
Nikidu
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:19 AM

my BF is a wild sleeper too. The best thing we ever did was buy a King size bed! Good Luck!

Verrine
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:19 AM

We don't share blankets and we're happy.

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:28 AM
I snore like a chainsaw so dh often sleeps in the guest room or I sleep in the couch in our bedroom. It's weird that I don't snore on the couch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 5:35 AM
I can't imagine sharing a blanket with dh, I actually sleep with my head at the foot of the bed, we need our own sleep space. He gets all sweaty and smells like a man, I feel smothered against the headboard, and he breaths and snores right in my face it's awful. Thankfully he doesn't have smelly feet.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:07 AM
David likes to stay cool and I hate the cold so, David has a thin but kinda thick blanket and I have one huge thick blanket then we have two we share

He's a very calm sleeper but needs to cuddle and I am pregnant so being comfy isn't easy, we haven wo body pillows to help us
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:11 AM
Mine flops like a fish every time he rolls over, he's a 250 lber.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:11 AM

We also have a king size bed and seperate blankets lol. I sleep much better now.

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:19 AM

I have my own bedroom . I love it no snoring, no tucked in covers, no getting to hot from his overheated body. Its decorated how I like it. Wish I had done it years ago. I spent way to many sleepless nights in bed with him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:19 AM

My dh deals with Periodic Limb Movement Disorder while sleeping....it's ridiculous. He moves around so much that it keeps me awake, and can wake me from a deep sleep. We have a king sized bed, unfortunately it doesn't help us. I think we're going to end up getting two twin sized beds or something.

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)