Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think we really screwed up...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
My husband and I separated in August, his choice I had no idea he was even thinking this but he randomly said he was no longer happy and wanted to separate. I literally begged him not to go but that following Friday he packed some stuff hugged our two daughters and left... I did everything in my power to make them happy and keep their minds off of things and a week later he decided he had made a mistake. I personally wasn't sure I wanted to reconcile but I knew I still loved him and I mostly was making decisions out of anger so for myself and daughters I let him come back. Ever since all of this my four year old has been angry and a big ball of emotions. I feel so bad that I don't know what to do the guilt gets to me and I'm confused. I had figured if he wasn't happy I should let him go instead of our kids seeing us miserable but on the other hand they missed him so much I felt it was best to give it a shot but my baby hasn't been the same and she says I made her daddy leave. That hurts the most because I'd never try and hurt them that way because I didn't have a father and it sucked. So what would you do to try and help yoru almost five year old feel safe and secure again? And seriously I don't need bashing.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:04 AM
I don't get what you're asking here. separations happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:07 AM
We separated and got back together and my daughter hasn't acted the same since I feel like we screwed her up.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't get what you're asking here. separations happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:10 AM
Eh. Your husband is a selfish basketcase.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:12 AM
There's nothing you can do except be consistent and stable for her. Give her lots of love and attention. Dad should do the same. Never fight in front of her. But quite frankly your husband sounds like an unstable, shitty dad so maybe you should get rid of him and focus on being a happy, consistent, stable single mom to your kids.
Sleepymom114
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this
He was gone a week. She shouldn't have any issues. I mean I have been gone for a week and left the kids with dh with no issues. I think you're protecting your feelings on her.
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:16 AM
This. It was a week not a month or 6 months or a year.

Quoting Sleepymom114: He was gone a week. She shouldn't have any issues. I mean I have been gone for a week and left the kids with dh with no issues. I think you're protecting your feelings on her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:18 AM
She needs to hear it from him that it was HIS decision to leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:23 AM
Your husband needs to talk to her abd reassure her he's not going to leave her
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:24 AM
3 moms liked this
Being gone a week shouldn't have caused all of that unless, you made an issue of it in front of her. There are parents that travel for business all the time weeks at a time none of them are traumatized.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 6:26 AM
So his side piece didn't work out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)