Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You have a Special Needs Child??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

When did you know something was 'off' with the child and what was it?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:12 AM
First time, 4 months, even as an infant she did everything she could to avoid eye contact and when she would make eye contact it was only a quick glance. She has ADHD, autism, and seizure disorder.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:13 AM

My son is. I go anon because people love to shame me because of it. WHY? It's not like I chose for my son to be this way. He has no set diagnosis. I noticed he wasn't speaking clearly at around 3 or 4.

bcoll
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:15 AM
None of mine are SN.
Here's a bump.
missanc
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:15 AM
Yes. When he was 2 and not talking. But looking back I now see he never played with toys like most one year olds. He was my oldest and I didn't know and this was 18 years ago before they screened as closely for autism.
msb64
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:16 AM

I first noticed at 12 months.  DS didn't like to be held and wouldn't maintain any eye contact.  He was completely non-verbal until about 2 years old.  He was officially diagnosed with Autism, ADHD and SPD at age 4 and he is now 13.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:17 AM
Nope
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:19 AM
My ds is diagnosed as bipolar, adhd. I knew something was off when he was around 3/4, he got kicked out pre-k and that was the eye opening moment that we had to do something.
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:21 AM
Neither of them are special needs. But I'm not sure that my oldest doesn't have a touch of Aspergers. It's been tossed around, but never diagnosed. I don't worry though. He will be completely successful, he has us. I'm not even sure that he has anything. He's just himself :)
SpiritedWitch
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:21 AM

When he was born. He had spina bifida and a clubbed foot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:22 AM

nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)