Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wwyd? Possible alcoholic

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I went to a family gathering yesterday. 1 year old's party so tons of little ones. Someone I love and was close to until she moved out of state to work for the X games was there. It was 11am and she was fall down drunk.
I'm concerned because I love her. she has no kids and a rather large trust fund so I wouldn't say her life is bad, I'm just alarmed she was sloppy drunk before noon. Should I ask her what is going on or just ignore it? She did not drive to the party so I have zero indication that she is harming anyone but possibly herself.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:59 AM

Could be an isolated incident.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:02 AM
It seems to be an escalation of some past behavior. She has been in rehab for drug issues but her father died and she turned herself around. Was sober, went to college, got a great job.

Quoting corticosteroid:

eyes4ears
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:03 AM
If she had eaten and drank a couple, that could have had a falling down drunk effect on her. You should visit with her more to make a better determination.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:08 AM
I wouldn't say anything until I had verifiable, concrete information. Speculating can get you all excited, but in the end it's all just crap you thought up with still no evidence to back it up.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:09 AM

Okay, that's different.  Yes, offer support, offer to take her to an NA or AA meeting.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It seems to be an escalation of some past behavior. She has been in rehab for drug issues but her father died and she turned herself around. Was sober, went to college, got a great job.
Quoting corticosteroid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)