Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does this make you feel? <3....

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:07 AM
  • 9 Replies
I see so many post about women having relationship issues. You all read them. Their the ones that our only comments are to 'GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN'.
So what is real love? How is real love supposed to make you feel, or how does it make you feel? Have you had what you thought was real love to only have your heart ripped out? Does your idea of real love corolate with other womens thoughts on real love?
Are you living your fairytale? How do you keep the real love there without it fading? If you havnt experienced real love, how do you suppose it feels or what is it supposed to be like?
Lets hear your thoughts. Im sure im not the only one curious on this subject.
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this
That was a shit ton of questions. There is no one type of love since every person experiences the world differently it would be foolish to think we're all going to experience love the same.

Just because you got hurt in the end doesn't make the whole experience false love.

I don't know if my perception of love matches others but I do know my perception of forgiveness seems to be much broader than most.

Yes I have met my life partner. I don't do anything to keep love from fading because it doesn't to me. Liking fades, compassion fads...not love.

For me love feels like belonging, connected, comfortable, supported. There isn't a cosmic wall between my husband and I the way there is with other people. We let each other into our being. We can hurt each other but we always heal each other as well.
corticosteroid
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Basically, never make fear-based decisions when it comes to choosing a life partner.

Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this

That is going to be different for everyone and way too much for 9:37 in the morning, seriously.

whattheheck85
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

When I met DH, my best friend told me that she thought it wouldn't last (dating) because I didn't seem excited and didn't talk about him all the time.  I realized that DH was the one when I didn't need other people's opinions on him.  I didn't analyze every thing he said or every email he sent.  We didn't have to talk every night (but we did).  Love was not a chore and I realized that.

Real love was DH holding my hand in the fertility doctor's office when he told me my chances of getting pregnant was less than 5%.  Real love was DH learning to give me injections when we did go thru fertility (and he is terrified of needles).  It was the look on his face when we heard the heartbeat for the first time of our unborn child.  It is him cleaning the house or doing the grocery shopping on his day off so I could relax over the weekend.  Its wanting to be the last person I see at night and the first in the morning.  Its being married to my BF. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this
For me, I was happy single. I dated many great men but didn't have the connection I wanted. Since I didn't see being with them forever, I broke up with them. This left me open to meet my dh - in my late 20s. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I knew he was my life partner without a doubt. I felt connected. i don't know how to explain the feeling better than we fit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:41 AM

You need to keep it simple for the ladies in this group.

morgiefae
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this

So what is real love?  Loving a person enough to know you have to, and want to work to keep that love stron

How is real love supposed to make you feel, or how does it make you feel? butterfiles that never go away. My DH is my best friend, and I was lucky enough to have him as a good friend for yeasr before we dated

Have you had what you thought was real love to only have your heart ripped out? No, I was very sceptical of love before

Does your idea of real love corolate with other womens thoughts on real love? Probibly, I mean I can't be the only one to feal its like this

Are you living your fairytale? No, my fairy tale would be that DH would be out of school and making enough money that i don't have to work too :P (we ARE working towards the fairy tale)

How do you keep the real love there without it fading? work. 

If you havnt experienced real love, how do you suppose it feels or what is it supposed to be like?

funny_girl3
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

I've been married 15 years and I would almost never tell someone to leave their husband, I'm a lifer.  I don't think real love fades.  There have been plenty of times that I couldn't stand my husband in 15 years, marriage is full of ups and downs.  But I've always loved him.  I think you can love someone without always liking them--a fact that is driven home almost daily now that I'm parenting a teenager.

amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Oct. 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Quite right.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

That is going to be different for everyone and way too much for 9:37 in the morning, seriously.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)