Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My stepdaughter did this thursday, I'm pissed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 233 Replies
1 mom liked this
Dhs daughter is 23. She goes to college nearby and lives in an apartment with friends. We pay her $5 to get my girls from school on Thursdays since that's the one day I can't do it. My girls are 6 and 8.

Anyway on Thursday they were both crabby. They didn't like the school lunch and hadn't eaten much since breakfast. They wanted to go home and go to the park after a snack. Sd said no, she had work to do at the house. They both freaked out and started to kick the seats. She told them to stop and they said she was stupid, they hated she and she was mean.

She told them to get out and proceeded to make them walk the almost 2 mile drive home. They were hungry and crying, she didn't stop, and she clearly saw because she was slowly driving behind them. When they got home she sent them to their rooms and that's where we found them. I got upset with her and she shrugged and said "fine, pick up your own brats. Your $5 isn't worth dealing with their bullshit" and left.

I'm still livid, Dh tried to talk to her and she was completely unapologetic. I told him I don't want her here and he understood but wtf who does that to a cranky 6 year old??
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

so find someone else to take them....problem solved...don't be looking to your SD to step into your shoes when you're not there

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:33 AM
35 moms liked this
I'm on your stepdaughters side. Your kids are old enough not to act like assholes. Find someone else to deal with them.
PPCLC
by AZ Lizard on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:33 AM
19 moms liked this

So the cranky daughter's have been given a pass by you for kicking the backseat of her car and mouthing off to her?

I applaud your step-daughter and strongly suggest you teach your two daughter's how to behave themselves.

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM
3 moms liked this
She was doing you a favor and your kids were acting like brats. Maybe you should look into that.
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM
8 moms liked this
If my children behaved that way they would be apologizing to their sister and grounded for their bad behavior.
So she followed them while they walked?
Maybe your kids should be taught not to kick seats or say mean things when they don't get their way.
MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Well why should she put up with that crap from them? They are old enough to know better. She isn't any better tho by doing that to them. But she shouldn't have to do your job as mom. So either find someone else or pick up your own precious little snowflakes.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM
4 moms liked this

Her idea of punishment was over the top, but not having kids of her own it's more understandable why she wouldn't pick something more age appropriate.  Your kids were being brats.  It doesn't matter how hungry or tired you are, you don't get to treat someone like shit.  It's something everyone needs to learn. 

KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't say I blame her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people are not intelligent enough to have kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 26, 2015 at 9:36 AM
9 moms liked this
Uh, your girls were assholes. At 6 and 8, they ought to know better. Hopefully they learn not to treat people like that. Good for SD for teaching them a lesson their own mother seems to be unable to do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)